INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RadioTunes, Rockradio.com, DI.fm issue  (Read 1052 times)

ecamel

RadioTunes, Rockradio.com, DI.fm issue
« on: August 10, 2020, 04:48:44 pm »

When I try playing any stream from these sites, I'm presented with a dialog "Streaming" giving me options for the stream.  If I chose play stream w/out selecting the option to "keep using this answer", one track plays but the dialog immediately pops up before the track is done.  If I select the "keep using this answer" option, a song is played for a split second and then the next track starts, plays for a split second, and this behavior repeats until I close MC or successfully select another way to play. 

I can't figure out what's going on, and would greatly appreciate your help!

ecamel

Re: RadioTunes and DI.fm issue
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 02:05:08 pm »

A little more information.

I add a website to the "streaming media" section (www.radiotunes.com).  that works great.  I open that site from the streaming media section, log into my account to get access to the higher resolution files.

I start playing a channel, and this dialog shows up:

if I hit ok, the stream begins and a song starts to play normally.  However, the popup returns immediately after hitting OK.  If I hit OK again, the next track starts.  This repeats every time I hit OK. 

Any ideas please?  I sense I'm missing something basic but can't figure it out.

thanks for your help!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 02:26:25 pm »

There is a checkbox next to "Keep using this answer".

ecamel

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2020, 02:58:58 pm »

Thanks JimH.  I tried checking the box, "Keep using this answer": each song is played for a second and then skips automatically to the next song, this behavior repeats until I exit the program.

R10

• Recent member
Re: RadioTunes, Rockradio.com, DI.fm issue
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2020, 08:28:58 am »

The same situation to me, but in my case this pop-up named Streaming appears just in ZenRadio.com on the same network like DI.fm.
Radiotunes, RockRadio , Jazzradio, Classicalradio, di.fm works without this issue.

Thanks for any help.

To JimH : checking the box "keep using this answer" nothing helps,  after few seconds the same behaviour like wrote user ecamel

R10

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2020, 08:48:37 am »

ecamel, I`m using 26.0.107 (latest) Windows version of JRiver. If you using older version try to uninstall it with third-party software, delete registry keys with it and install latest version JRiver or simply un-install with deleting Media Center registry keys and install latest version like I do. Try to do so and don`t forget to answer about success of solving issue or unsuccess on whole di.fm network, right ? Thanks..

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2020, 08:58:28 am »

Don't use other software to uninstall and don't remove registry keys.    Just install a newer build without uninstalling.

R10

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2020, 09:06:15 am »

You are right , JimH. But I even have latest build it doesn`t solve this issue. how to get rid of this pop up when no matter what you check it repeats again and again after few seconds, it's very annoying. P.s. This dialog appears only when using chrome engine.

Maybe JimH will hear me... For developers of JRiver info... Maybe I found how could developers solve this issue... This dialog appears immediately when loads desired channel page. Page not fully loaded, but triggers this dialog immediately and no chance to turn it off . Helps only exit from JRiver. Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2020, 09:49:54 am »

When you use MC's Open URL, you need to enter the URL of  the stream itself, not the web page it is on.  It can sometimes be hard to find it.  A Google search might help.

If it's protected by a login, it may not work.

Are you playing to your local machine?  Or to a DLNA device?

R10

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2020, 10:00:36 am »

JimH, I`m playing this on local machine. But I don`t understand why other sites on di.fm network ( when I log In to account) works fine without this issue and just one - zenradio.com have this dialog and when channel in this site starts to play no chance to turn off this dialog, no matter what to choose. Dialog triggers again and again. helps only exit from j.River.
I think need to make this dialog work properly. For example check box "play the stream" hit  OK button and dialog dissapears, music plays... Or to do better - start playing media without this annoying popup, others sites in this network can do this like I wrote.

R10

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2020, 02:34:34 am »

JimH, I forgot to tell you that this bug is only on Chromium. With Internet Explorer everything works fine. Thanks. Hope this bug will be fixed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up