INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlists disappearing  (Read 935 times)

muslhead

• Recent member
Playlists disappearing
« on: August 15, 2020, 09:34:57 am »

I am currently running v26 and i continually have my playlists all disappear. not one, but dozens.
I spend more time recreating playlists than i do listening.
Keep in mind, this has occurred with every version i have owned.
I did a search and i could not find this being a problem for anyone else.
If it werent such a pain in the butt to recreate, i wouldnt even be asking for help but since it is and there is no quick backup and recreate function that would easily resolve this issue i am forced to post and ask for help.
Has anyone else had this problem?  Did you find a fix? if yes, please share.
IF not, what is the best way to back up my "JRiver desktop" so that when this continues to happen i can quickly get back to listening rather than fixing something that should not happen.
TIA

muslhead

• Recent member
Re: Playlists disappearing
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2020, 09:57:28 am »

just to be clear, when i say disappear i mean the lists are there when i shut down and the next time i start back up there are none. Nothing. Nada

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2020, 03:42:54 pm »

Try the wiki on playlists.

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2020, 06:29:25 pm »

Are you running a client server system?
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2020, 07:57:34 pm »

Before and After screenshots would be helpful.

In the Before screenshot, highlight all the Playlists that are missing in the After screenshot.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

muslhead

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2020, 08:03:52 am »

yes, screen shots would be helpful. This has been random and infrequent. Each time i figured it would not happen again.
I guess the only thing i can do is export all play lists and then when it happens again, its pretty easy and not time consuming to recreate.
I find it interesting no one has experienced this other than myself (unless others arent posting a response).
I have multiple computers and laptops and it happens on all of them. Since i dont use jriver every day on every computer i dont know if they are occurring at the same time. Could even be a windows update thats causing it. If that were the case i would expect others to have the same problem

muslhead

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2020, 08:08:59 am »

"Try the wiki on playlists."
I have. Maybe you can point out where, in the wiki, it addresses disappearing playlists. I am not real bright so i could have easily missed it.
Read the wiki is the default answer to everything when a question is asked and rarely, in the few questions i have asked, does the wiki address it. Otherwise, when i reviewed the wiki, i would have found the answer.
Any other help you could provide?

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2020, 09:14:45 am »

Manually save your library and name it something you'll remember.  If they disappear again reload the library and you won't have to recreate them.  Do this like once a week until it gets fixed.

A while back (more than a year ago) I had this happen, but unfortunately, don't remember when and how it got fixed.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2020, 09:31:08 am »

Please answer this.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2020, 09:33:49 am »

This question... 'tis important, and has not been answered. (snap Jim)

If you are using an instance of MC of MC to connect to a library served by a different instance of MC, then yes, that playlists added during that session would not be expected to be there the next time you connect.
Pages: [1]   Go Up