INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trial - New User - High CPU Utilization  (Read 518 times)

kalhua

Trial - New User - High CPU Utilization
« on: August 17, 2020, 06:34:29 pm »

I am doing a trial of the software with the most current version to date (26.106).  I got it setup the other day and am getting familiar with it.  My music has been scanned in and there are no background tools running according to the "Reporter" component inside the software.  I have it setup to share the library using DLNA.  When I start the software the utilization starts at about 5% (not bad).  It seems to jump around a bit up and down but gradually increases to a point it is fluctuating between 15 and 20 percent.  Turning library sharing off seems to have no effect.  The program seems to function fine but I think there is something causing what I consider higher than normal CPU usage for a program minimized and sitting idle. There are no 3rd party plugin being used.  Perhaps there are other items that run in the background that haven't completed?  I am hoping some of you experienced users may be able to give me an explanation or offer suggestions I can try.

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Trial - New User - High CPU Utilization
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 07:04:19 pm »

It will probably settle down after your files have been imported, thumbnails have been built, etc.  There's no cause for concern.

kalhua

Re: Trial - New User - High CPU Utilization
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2020, 10:19:46 pm »

You were right!  Apparently something was going on in the background.  The idle usage now is below 1%.

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up