INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Theater View Takes Ages to load after Upgrade to W10  (Read 504 times)

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
JRiver Theater View Takes Ages to load after Upgrade to W10
« on: August 18, 2020, 03:11:15 am »

Hi all,

I recently upgraded my HTPC from W7 to W10 and MC works perfectly on it, but it seems to take an eternity to load up to theater view now, whereas with W7 it was quite quick.

I imagine its got something to do with how Windows loads the start up programs. Just wondering if there's a way to make this quicker, I find staring at the windows desktop for ages makes the whole HTPC thing seem a bit DIY - budget.

Cheers!

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver Theater View Takes Ages to load after Upgrade to W10
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2020, 04:24:25 am »

Check if this applies - Windows 10 app startup delay:
https://www.onmsft.com/how-to/how-to-revise-windows-10-startup-delay-to-possibly-speed-up-starting-your-computer

The issue can be something else though - maybe a Service belonging to windows or some other app is taking too long to start, delaying everything else during startup. There are debugging tools that record the startup time for each service, or you can check the EventViewer for clues.

edit: Also, if you just installed win10, give it some time. The first few reboots of win10 are busy with updates and pre-compilation of .Net libraries, which makes it slower. Windows also learns the usage patterns, so it will eventually prioritize MC for you. Update to the latest 2004 build of Win10 and then give it a few days and a few reboots to stabilize.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver Theater View Takes Ages to load after Upgrade to W10
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2020, 07:45:18 am »

Could  be Windows Defender.  It needs to be configured.  See Awesome Donkey's thread on it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up