INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Show Action Window option has no effect  (Read 516 times)

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Show Action Window option has no effect
« on: August 18, 2020, 08:10:09 am »

Startup Interface -> "Show Action Window" option seems to be ignored. The Action Window is always visible on the bottom left (minimized or not, preserving the previous state - but always there).

There is no way to hide it either, it can only be minimized. I would like to close/hide it completely, as the option implies.

NightFlight

• Recent member
Re: Show Action Window option has no effect
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2020, 08:51:25 am »

Confirmed. Zybex is correct, Action window remains.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2020, 09:47:21 am »

Seems that "Option" toggles between MC always opening with the Action Window Expanded (Open) when it's ticked/selected and Collapsed (Closed) when it's not ticked. Which seems a bit pointless since the Action Window, unlike the tree's "Display Window", always remembers if it was Open/Expanded or Closed/Collapsed between sessions.

However the "Show Tree" option appears to be Redundant, probably because if it did hide the tree the only way of revealing the tree would be by restarting MC and changing it's visibility. Thankfully the tree is always visible/present regardless of the options setting.

I wouldn't object to the current option being switched to to having it present/absent from the Tree along with a similar option for the "Display Window"

Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

NightFlight

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2020, 05:48:15 pm »

I agree Tiger. I rarely use it as right or file menu does the same. Hide it is a good option.
Pages: [1]   Go Up