INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Show video titles listing with a resolution overlay? 480P vs 1080P vs 2160P  (Read 877 times)

CZ Eddie

• Junior Woodchuck

I attached a screenshot of what I want.
I added 480P, 1080P and 4K over the top of a couple of the video listings.
Can this be done?

How are all of you sorting your various various movies like this?
I don't mind 1080P and 4K being mixed together but really want to keep the 480P separate somehow.

CZ Eddie

• Junior Woodchuck

There may be some sort of photo-editor program that allows mass editing of pictures to add overlay resolution info on top.
Because my movies are in their own folders on my hard drive.  480P, 1080P and 4K are all in separate folders.
Kind of hoping for an in-software solution instead though.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

You can instead show it on the Thumbnail text - this is editable via the Thumbnails menu.
You can have an Expression to display the [Dimensions] field, or you can create a new field with 1920p/720p/480p/etc in it, and display that instead.

This is my current expression:
Code: [Select]
[Name]
listbuild(1,/ •/ ,[IMDb Rating],[MPAA Rating],FormatDate(Math([Duration,0]/86400+30/86400),H:mm)m,[Resolution])

Where [Resolution] is a computed field with this expression:
Code: [Select]
ifcase([height],6,1200,4K,750,1080p,600,720p,400,480p,200,SD,0,[height])
Here's how it looks [screenshot has a typo, it says 1920p instead of 1080p]:

zybex

• MC Beta Team

As for separating them, you can just create different Playlists to hold your different movies, or create Smartlists to automatically separate them by some logic (like for instance, by resolution)

CZ Eddie

• Junior Woodchuck

Hey thanks, zybex!  Your configuration looks impressive. 
I will dive in and learn more, now that I know what I want in this regard is possible!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

As for separating them, you can just create different Playlists to hold your different movies, or create Smartlists to automatically separate them by some logic (like for instance, by resolution)
You can also just search.  Not all tags are automatically searched, but you can edit the tag to make it searchable.

wer

If you really want it overlaid on the poster, you can do that using a batch file and ImageMagick.  The batch processing can be integrated into MC using Send To.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

Or if you are using Standard View, you could just add a top level Category using Zybex's expression to Group movies by their format, or any variation you wished. Such as the quick View I created in the attached image.

I'm not sure that 1920p is the correct definition for movies over 750 pixels high though. Maybe that was supposed to be 1080p? There was some great discussion a while back about classification of formats based on the [Height] and [Width] fields, where actual video sizes are pretty random. i.e. 1920x800

What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

zybex

• MC Beta Team

I'm not sure that 1920p is the correct definition for movies over 750 pixels high though. Maybe that was supposed to be 1080p?

Yeah, that's a typo. I actually use icons on the tooltip, and when changing/testing the expression for this post I made the typo. It should say 1080p.
Pages: [1]   Go Up