INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Displaying a list of Albums ordered by DR value in JRemote  (Read 1011 times)

MarcF78Py

• Recent member
Displaying a list of Albums ordered by DR value in JRemote
« on: August 19, 2020, 04:25:50 am »

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share here some configuration that I did (and it works) with MC26.0.103 (windows 64 bits), and in case someone has hints or other way to do this. It took some time to set it up satisfactorily.

I wanted to have a folder displayed in JRemote (via DLNA) with the list of albums ordered by average DR value (ideally decreasing).
I found some ways on the forum but none would work simply for me.
I tried to use the GroupSummary() function. Here is how I did :

- In the Media Network options, under "Advanced" and then "Customize views for JRemote, Gizmo & Panel ..."
- Add a Library Item that I called "Albums by DR"
- In the "Show category in this order" area I click on "Add" and select "Expression"
- I leave the name as is : "Expression"
- In the "Group By" box I just put : [Album]
- In the "Expression to display" box, there goes the trick : "GroupSummary(Dynamic Range /(DR/)) - AlbumKey()"
- And then finally in the settings :
- Sorting : "Display Expression"
- Matching : "Match any" (didn't change it)

After doing this, I need to restart the MC26 server, and I get my list of albums, correctly displayed ordered by increasing DR value. The reason why I have added the "-AlbumKey()" suffix to the expression is that otherwise, as I understand the sorting key is the avg DR value, and the list would sometimes mix albums with the same avg DR value (it comes by default with 1 decimal)... In this case, I would click on an album picture, and JRemote would open another album (but with the same avg value). When I add the "-AlbumKey()" complement to the expression, the list comes clean.

I would have prefered to sort the list the other way around (by drecreasing DR value) but I don't find the option in the Expression sorting setup.

Et voilą !

Marc

Graham849

• Recent member
Re: Displaying a list of Albums ordered by DR value in JRemote
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2023, 04:51:44 am »

Thank you for this Marc!

Is this method still valid in MC 31?
Pages: [1]   Go Up