INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it possible to stream DSP functions.  (Read 1851 times)

wishyouwerehere

• Recent member
Is it possible to stream DSP functions.
« on: August 19, 2020, 06:27:34 am »

Streaming from JRiver MC26 to Cambridge CXN v.2. via USB using Windows 10.

Having set up the streamer and configured and recognised it in the left hand tree below "Playing now", using Tools > Options > Media Network (tick) > Add or configure DLNA servers (Audiophile 24-bit DAC)  > Audio: Mode (Specified output format): Format (PCM 24-bit): Advanced (DSP Studio). When playing audio and trying to use DSP you get the message, "DSP Studio is only available for local zones".
Not essential but out of curiosity is it possible to use the DSP function when playing audio. I have searched all possible areas in Tools > Options with no success.

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Is it possible to stream DSP functions.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 03:21:24 pm »

You need to associate your cxn with the dlna server by right clicking on the cxn zone and then selecting asociate with dlna server - selecting the audiophile server. I don't get the reference to advanced dsp studio being greyed out, only the list of files to convert is greyed out - click on ...dsp studio to set up your requirements.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

wishyouwerehere

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2020, 05:05:11 pm »

> Associate with DLNA Server reads "Only one server, used by default" (greyed out) and cannot select anything from within.

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2020, 05:11:59 pm »

Have you actually set up a new audiophile dlna server in tools>options>media network>Add or configure DLNA Servers? It looks like you have just the default dlna server available.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2020, 05:33:32 pm »

Anyway you should be able to set up dsp settings on your default server to be used when you send audio to your cxn

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2020, 06:51:42 pm »

You have it connected via USB, and are trying to play to it via USB?

Stop looking at DLNA settings and use the normal Audio settings. There should be an Audio Device visible for it in Options.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

wishyouwerehere

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2020, 07:22:35 am »

JRiver 26 with the latest build/Windows 10 connected by USB to Cambridge CXN v.2.
In:
Playing Now>
Group> Player. Full functionality of JRiver and DSP to CXN. No display on the CXN screen.
Group> Cambridge CXN v.2. No DSP function at all. Plays direct from library but with full display on JRiver and CXN screen. Playlist/album track, album art, track duration bar, file type, etc.
Thanks for your advice. I have tried all the above suggestions to no avail.
"Mmm". Perhaps not possible to implement.

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2020, 04:20:53 pm »

If you are playing to the cxn via the usb connection you should have the cxn asio driver available in the audio devices list - if not you need to download it from cambridge audio site and install it. I know it works because I have a cxn which I play to both with direct usb connection and via the lan connection to another implementation of MC on a different computer. The cxn asio driver is listed as CA USBAudio Asio Driver in the list of available audio devices.

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2020, 04:38:15 pm »

If you select the player zone and have the correct audio device selected you will be able to do what you want. If you select the cxn zone MC will stream the audio to the cxn via the associated dlna server over the network connection, lan or wifi.

wishyouwerehere

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2020, 02:26:21 am »

All set up using the CA USB ASIO driver/USB Audio Class 2.0. from the the time of initial purchase of CXN.

I prefer to have the CXN screen visible, although not essential. Hence this enquiry.

Using MC with DSP functions (Playing Now>Group>Player the screen displays,

USB Audio
    44.1kHz PCM

And then goes blank after 15-20 minutes.

Playing Now>Group>Cambridge CXN v.2 the screen displays in full colour. No DSP.
Any (if necessary) Bass/Treble adjustments are made on Cambridge CXA 80.

As far as I can see all boxes are ticked and links made.
It could be I am thick...

Dmytro

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2020, 04:59:05 am »

In my experience, Cambridge Audio helpdesk are quite responsive and know about JRiver MC. You can try asking them to give you preferred settings/connection advice for JRiver / CXN.

I've got CXA81 amp (so no screens) - I connect directly via USB 2.0, through a local playback zone with CA USBAudio ASIO as audio device. DSP works fine.

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2020, 01:11:43 pm »

If you are sending audio to the cxn zone you need to cofigure the dsp settings in the dlna server associated with that device. You will then get dsp applied to the audio sent to the cxn.

wishyouwerehere

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2020, 04:14:08 pm »

Hi BigSpider,
Appreciate the guidance.
Re screenshots:
This is what I get... Playing Now> Group>Cambridge CXN v.2. Full colour screen-no DSP...

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2020, 06:00:39 pm »

Your first image shows your dlna dsp settings being applied to your audio stream, which is what you wanted. The second image is just telling you that you cannot apply dsp to a remote zone as this can only be done by setting the dsp requirements in your selected dlna server. Let me try and explain it a little - if you connect to the cxn via the usb  connection itis the mc player doing the work and in that you can click on the dsp settings button to access DSP Studio and mess with the settings. However if you are streaming to the cxn it is the associated dlna server which is doing the work and you can only change the dsp settings by going into the dlna server and changing the settings as I showed in the image I posted. If you click the dsp button in the audio path popup it will just tell you you cannot change the dsp settings from that route.
Pages: [1]   Go Up