INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video>Movies Do not sort in genres on Shield  (Read 1553 times)

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
Video>Movies Do not sort in genres on Shield
« on: August 20, 2020, 01:41:32 am »

Hi,

.108 has enabled Video>Movies for me which is awesome!

But sadly all the movies are smooshed together in one big lump, is there anyway to get them to order by genre as is the default behavior for Movies in MC?

Does this need to be configured at the MC Server end?

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Video>Movies Do not sort in genres on Shield
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 09:42:29 am »

If you're loading a library, you can create/customize views. On the server, go to Tools -> Options -> Media Network -> Advanced -> Customize views for JRemote, Gizmo & Panel... When you're done, you will need to restart both the server and app for the changes to take effect.

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2020, 11:31:51 pm »

If you're loading a library, you can create/customize views. On the server, go to Tools -> Options -> Media Network -> Advanced -> Customize views for JRemote, Gizmo & Panel... When you're done, you will need to restart both the server and app for the changes to take effect.

Hi Brad,

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately this did not work.

BradATIMA

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2020, 08:57:18 am »

If you've restarted the server after making the changes but the changes still do not show up, try clearing the app data for JRiver for Android and loading the library again.

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2020, 07:22:55 pm »

If you've restarted the server after making the changes but the changes still do not show up, try clearing the app data for JRiver for Android and loading the library again.

Hi Brad I appreciate the help but this still does not work.

Can you please check below that I am adding this  correctly? Initially the "Show Categories In This Order" field was blank so I highlighted "Movies" in the left column and clicked on Add>Library field>Genre.

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2020, 02:20:14 am »

PS this same issue exists on build .109

BradATIMA

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2020, 05:09:26 pm »

To test, try creating a new category under Video with the changes. If the category doesn't show up it's not getting the changes.

What you may need to do is completely stop JRiver for Android, clear the app storage, restart the library server and then try loading it.

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2020, 05:48:09 pm »

To test, try creating a new category under Video with the changes. If the category doesn't show up it's not getting the changes.

What you may need to do is completely stop JRiver for Android, clear the app storage, restart the library server and then try loading it.

Thanks, will try this again,

When you say restart the library server do you mean the HTPC which is running MC server or just MC itself? I notice the Shield appears as a library in MC under Playing Now but its not always there when I start MC even if the Shield is on. It takes a while for it to appear and it seems to just randomly appear. I also noticed that until the shield appears here as a library under playing now, the shield also cant access the HTPC MC library.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up