INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't update registration key  (Read 453 times)

Spurred_On

• Recent member
  • Where cowboys keep their dreams
Can't update registration key
« on: August 21, 2020, 12:52:33 pm »

I just preordered JRiver Media Center 27 for Windows this morning. When I tried to install the mjr file I was greeted with a message that the file was not for the correct version. I realize that version 27 is not available yet, but the download site stated that the file would work with version 26. The mjr file is only valid for 14 days. I went through the same dance last year when I preordered version 26. The mjr file expired long before the new version of MC is released. I ended up repeatedly installing temporary keys.

When I pay for something I should be able to use it.

The last saved exe file I have is for Media Center 26.0.12-x64  from December of 2019

How do I get my key properly installed, and what happens when version 27 is finally released. Will I be able to use my preordered key? Four new wave files were just emailed to me. They are all labeled MC 27, which hasn't been released yet. How do I resolve this?

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Can't update registration key
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2020, 02:01:03 pm »

You need to install MC26.98 or higher
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Spurred_On

• Recent member
  • Where cowboys keep their dreams
Re: Can't update registration key
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2020, 11:15:44 am »

Thanks ~OHM~

You need to install MC26.98 or higher

I downloaded JRiver MediaCenter 26.0.104 Windows-x64 and installed it, then tried installing JRiver Media Center27 Windows-509018.mjr again. It worked perfectly. I'm happily excited.
Pages: [1]   Go Up