INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost all my music  (Read 1004 times)

biggdealer

Lost all my music
« on: August 21, 2020, 04:38:31 pm »

A couple of weeks ago, I attempted to load all my music from JRiver26 to my Samsung laptop. Didn't work. Unfortunately, I must have hit the wrong button somewhere as I can no longer play anything. The system says "Something went wrong with playback" No file found, and some other terminology. Any idea what I can do th get my music back. I have already bought 27, so am anxious to try it .

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
Re: Lost all my music
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2020, 09:16:21 pm »

Do a search in windows explorer for a track or file you know.  See where the files went to.  If that doesn't work check out the recycle bin of the drive the music was on.

asathor

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 08:44:29 pm »

Windows Copy is a straight forward "Copy" function when copying to another Drive (Partition/Letter etc.) and nothing gets lost.
Windows Move is a Copy+Delete except on the same Drive (Partition/Letter etc.) where it is a rename. The "old" files are deleted.

If you Moved your files you'll have to copy them back if the Folder was too large for the Waste Basket to hold the "deleted stuff".

Sometimes you can un-delete at the command-line or with a utility but copy back is easier.

Everyone mix up Copy and Delete once (it's twice that a problem).

DrKNo

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2020, 04:19:59 pm »

You may want to install a tool like Agent Ransack (https://www.mythicsoft.com/agentransack/), which allows you to search your whole pc very efficiently. Search for *.mp3 and see what comes up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up