INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Please select exactly one field" [Solved]  (Read 750 times)

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
"Please select exactly one field" [Solved]
« on: August 22, 2020, 09:44:49 pm »

Been using Copy and Paste Tags for years, but I just tried and get the response in the title. Once I copy the field data for, say, 5 tracks, and then attempt to paste that clipboard-copied metadata into another set of 5 tracks, with the fields I want copied checked, that's what I get. Is this something new? I certainly want more than one field copied and thought I had done that with Copy. Images here:

https://pix01.jriver.com/gallery/134ECAA6-6ED4-4647-81D9-0F261024D80F/Copy-Paste/

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
Re: "Please select exactly one field"
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2020, 10:03:09 pm »

Update:

I tried pasting the clipboard onto Notepad after I Copy in MC and saw that the only fields being copied are those fields in the lowest pane (at the bottom half of the screen, where a given album's tracks are shown) and not those in the Tagging Window, which is what I want. Is this the expected behavior? Is there some setting that changed causing this to happen? As I said in the original post, I've been using Copy/Paste for years and hadn't seen this behavior, as usually whatever's in the Tagging Window gets copied; and I don't believe I've changed any settings recently that would have caused this to happen.

Using 26.0.106 64 bit.

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2020, 09:41:56 pm »

*Bump*

Copying only seems to copy tags in the File List rather than in all of the tags like it used to, unless, again, there's some new setting I've got set wrong.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2020, 11:55:42 pm »

The Copy function has always only copied the fields in the current View for me, including Expression Columns. I have used that quite a bit to get data into Excel I modify Views to get the correct fields and field sequence I want.

I can't really comment on the Paste function, as I haven't used it that often. But I just tested it and i worked fine for [Name], [Album], and [Artist] fields... Ah, why not... I just pasted all available fields from one set of files into another set of totally unrelated files, and that seemed to work fine.

One thing I did notice was that the setting "Allow overwrite of existing values" was unchecked when I first ran the function, so of course, no tags were updated. Once I ticked that checkbox the paste function worked as expected. There aren't any Option setting that affect this function as far as I know.

If the problem wasn't the setting above, there were a couple of changes in MC25 that may have had an effect. The first one may directly relate to the message you are seeing.

25.0.81 (7/22/2019)
13. NEW: Ctrl+Shift+V pasting will accept a series of strings on the clipboard (separated by newlines) and paste them into a single selected field.

25.0.109 (10/2/2019)
2. Fixed: Doing "Paste All From Clipboard" on a list editor in the Tag window would not reliably save the data.

What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2020, 12:10:57 am »

I just had another look at your image, and I see that you have many more tags available to tag than I have ever seen in that function. Usually, I just see a subset.

But I see that you are using a Panes View, while I was testing with a Categories View. That may make a difference. In that case, the change above may have broken the function when using a Panes View. I did a quick test and a Panes View did offer me more tags to paste, and the Paste worked fine.

Given the nature of the change in 25.0.81, I suspect there is something about the data in at least one of your fields is causing the issue. For example, if a tag has Newline characters in it. Possibly a Lyrics field? Or the Tooltip field?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2020, 12:47:59 am »

It was a tooltip thing! And thus probably a newline issue.

I had copied someone's audio tooltip expression from the tooltip thread as a base for whenever I decide to learn the tooltip stuff and had monkeyed with it a bit--that's where the problem started. Once I deleted the expression out of [Tooltip-Audio], it worked like it used to on the album I had trouble with the other day.

Whew! Thanks much!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: "Please select exactly one field" [Solved]
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2020, 04:16:15 pm »

Great news! Thanks for reporting your findings.

Sometimes I get it right.  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up