INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Information  (Read 738 times)

Gregory2001

• Junior Woodchuck
Information
« on: August 23, 2020, 04:15:06 pm »

"Only audio or video files on a local drive that can be played in the native playback engine can be analyzed.  (21 files could not be added)".

What does this mean?  Thanks.

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Information
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2020, 06:01:41 pm »

Scant information to enable any real help - I would think that you have a number of files that MC cannot run an audio analysis on, but who knows!
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

Gregory2001

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2020, 06:35:12 pm »

I know.  Why?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2020, 06:45:46 pm »

They may not be audio or video.  Or they may be "protected" by DRM.

Gregory2001

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2020, 06:48:10 pm »

I'm just quoting the error message.

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2020, 07:32:24 pm »

So what are these files, you really can't expect anyone to give you helpful advice  - I'm lost said the boy, so where do you live asked the stranger - I'm lost said the boy - he is still lost.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

Gregory2001

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2020, 07:47:45 pm »

Audio files download from CDs.

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2020, 07:53:44 pm »

You have now told us they are some sort of audio file but no details. Which filetype? Where from ? Are they likely to be DRM protected?

Gregory2001

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2020, 07:59:57 pm »

I quoted what the error message said.  If I knew the details I wouldn't have needed to ask the question.

DJLegba

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2020, 08:10:06 pm »

I already gave you your little "realism".  I quoted exactly what the error message said.  If I knew the details I wouldn't have needed to ask the question.  Never mind.

My DAC plays most formats, but a few years ago I tried the "Listening Test" feature. For some reason this ended up causing MC to start converting everything to some super low rate mp3 format that my DAC didn't support, which meant MC started telling me it couldn't play anything. I doubt this is exactly what's happening in your case, but you might want to look at your Output Format setting, and the format of the files that won't play.

Gregory2001

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2020, 08:14:19 pm »

Except that isn't the case.  All the files play.  All I'm asking is why I received the error message.

DJLegba

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2020, 08:28:48 pm »

Except that isn't the case.  All the files play.  All I'm asking is why I received the error message.

You might have different formats of the same file. MC shows these as "stacks". If you've ever exported to a handheld device, or played through Panel, look for stacked files. All I'm trying to do is help.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2020, 11:38:44 pm »

My guess is that after copying from CD, the "read only" flag is still set, and so, MC will not be able to analyse (or may return with tagging errors on other operations)

Check the properties of the copied files and remove the read-only flag if necessary.

-marko
Pages: [1]   Go Up