INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver: "Something went wrong with playback...Playback could not be started..."  (Read 1189 times)

landolfi

• Recent member

I just spent a frustrating hour searching the forum for a fix to the error "Something went wrong with playback. Details: Playback could not be started on the output ' ASIO' using format '44.1kHz 2ch'". For the benefit of others: This error is caused by the Windows settings for your DAC, not JRiver. I changed all sorts of settings for my TEAC UD-501 DAC in JRiver before checking Windows, which had a generic USB driver loaded instead of the TEAC ASIO driver. Also had to make sure to tell Windows to use the maximum sample rate the DAC would support in Sound Control Panel Properties/Advanced for the DAC device. The message is frustrating because the first reaction is, of course this DAC supports 44.1 2-channel.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Yes, you do need the ASIO driver loaded, and selected in MC as the playback device.

If you also set the device to Exclusive Mode rather than Shared Mode, (if it supports Shared Mode, some do I believe, while others always use Exclusive Mode), then the Windows settings shouldn't make any difference. They only apply when the audio device being played to is using Shared Mode, such as is always that case with Direct Sound.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up