INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RME ADI2 Pro A/D with ASIO Line in  (Read 1015 times)

stanzani

• Galactic Citizen
  • Music and Audio enthusiast
RME ADI2 Pro A/D with ASIO Line in
« on: August 24, 2020, 02:18:41 pm »

Hello
this is for RME ADI2 PRO users using the ASIO loopback with JRiver 26.

I ran again into this issue which I solved in JRiver 24.

I update both JRiver 26, RME ADI2PRO USB ADC and DAC Firmware and ASIO Drivers to the lastest vers so far.

My setup is as following

- DAW: a server W10 PC hosting JRiver is connect by USB to the RME ADI2-PRO

- The balanced output of my pre phono is connected to the analogue balanced input of the RME (ADC): this is ASIO Line In ...
- The balanced output of the RME is connected to a pair of active speakers this is the WDM driver ...

- the RME is in USB mode (get and put digital audio on the USB)

- RME clock source set as internal  (specified by the ASIO driver driver on the PC)

JRiver

- DAC: ASIO driver audio RME Madiface (selected in general -> Audio

- ADC: ASIO, with 24@96K sampling frequency which I specify in  JRiver File -> Open Live ... and select ASIO line In radio button. Then push 'Configure ASIO Line In and select ASIO Madiface USB from the device list (I also see JRiver 26 WDM which makes no sense to me). Sampling frequency is at 24@96

- DSP Studio: resample all formats at 24@96K

The pre phono is working (the RME ADI2 PRO set in preamp mode happily works)

This setup is intended to process the vinyl sound with Dirac DRC and de-clicker by sampling phono output at 24@96 by RME A/D, ASIO loop-back into JRiver, apply DSP Studio and then sending via USB to the RME DAC.

This was working fine until July 2018 time-frame

I think there is an error in the ASIO driver for the A/D: how can I control / configure it?
Should I set the ASIO for input and RME 1+2 for output? what is the disadvantage of NOT using ASIO for output? I cannot si any reason for not working using ASIO for both input and output ...

Did anybody experienced this? Any advice?

Thank so much to anybody who'll help
Stereo:
DAW: Fanless Case Streatcon 7 with MSI A97I mobo, 2 x 8G RAM (Hynix) with Intel I5 CPU.
NAS: QNAP TS-531 with 5x4TB HDDs
DAC/ADC: RME ADI2 PRO
Speakers (active): 2 x ATC SCM50ASL
Subs (active): 2 x REL 528 Signature

stanzani

• Galactic Citizen
Re: RME ADI2 Pro A/D with ASIO Line in
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 07:46:39 am »

I have to go to the FILE menu and then hit 'Open Live' in order to enable sound from windows   Is there a way to configure the software to automatically 'Open Live' either when the computer starts up, or simply when I open JRiver? Better would be from JRemote ...  JRiver is my default audio player as required by WDM setup.

I have some questions about Line in: I see that Open Live ... present Wasapi loopback and ASIO Line In I wonder what is Wasapi Loopback for. I understand that ASIo Line In.. is aimed to allow audio stream into JRiver from an AD source but I do not get the usefulness of Wasapi loopback ...

Actually I cannot get Line in input from my RME ADI1PRO ... I think I did my homework by

- setting clock as internal' in the RME. This will make the RME both AD and DA working with the frequency of the USB driving source
- converting all format at the same SF in JRiver (e.g. 192 KHz which I see in the JRiver display
- configuring ASIO LIne In. frequency at the same frequency
This will make everything working with the same clock
I was able a whicle ago to make this work, yesterday I tried again but nope ...
Any idea?

Thanks much

Stereo:
DAW: Fanless Case Streatcon 7 with MSI A97I mobo, 2 x 8G RAM (Hynix) with Intel I5 CPU.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 08:01:58 am »

stanzani

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2020, 08:10:19 am »

I would like to get audio from RME ADC via , process it by JRiver and output to USB.
the RME ADC is sampling the output of a phono preamplifier just FYI

Thanks
Stereo:

stanzani

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2020, 09:55:55 am »

I found out that Open Live ... works fine if I set input driver different from the output driver with my RMER ADI2PRO . In my case

- Line In ... -> ASIOmadiface USB (ASIO) (the only option i have)
- Output Device ->  Analog 1+2 (REME ADI2PRO) [WASAPI]

Two years ago I was able to use ASIO for both IN and out ... but there were a different driver from RME and a different JRiver

so far so good, I can lve with this
Stereo:
Pages: [1]   Go Up