INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC lumps all my newly imported files into one big "unassigned" bucket  (Read 462 times)

ksteiner

Hi,  long time user.  Love JRiver.  Never been an Interact Forum poster, but I'm at a loss.

For years, I have periodically transferred music files for albums from one computer (and its Media Center) to another using a micro disk and usb to transfer the files.  Once transferred via the new computer windows file explorer, the album files have always been automatically imported by album to the new computer Media Center (usually with cover art).  All of a sudden now, instead of importing the files as individual albums, the newly imported files are being imported into one big "unassigned" bucket, which clearly isn't what I want.  What am I doing wrong?  Thanks

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
Re: MC lumps all my newly imported files into one big "unassigned" bucket
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 05:11:10 pm »

Do these unassigned files have their album tag correctly filled in? Could you post a screenshot of these unassigned files?
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2020, 05:28:01 pm »

You could try doing a few again and using (on the source files) the Tool called Update Tags from Library.  That will fill the tags from MC's database.  Then transfer again.

Try a few first.

ksteiner

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2020, 11:01:47 am »

Wow.  Not sure why this works, but apparently it did.  Transferred 5 files.  4 worked like a charm.  The fifth still had some bugs, but it did transfer as a single album that I can work with.  Thanks for the help.  I hope not to need it again.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2020, 11:27:41 am »

At the bottom of the Tag Editor is a section called Tag Dump. That shows the tags in the files. Take a look at your tracks on the source and see if what is in them. They should not all be empty.   Tags like Album, Album Artist,  Artist should always be filled in.   If MC on the source system is not filling them, that is a problem that needs to be investigated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up