INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Analyzing video file exception  (Read 430 times)

chris635

• Junior Woodchuck
Analyzing video file exception
« on: August 27, 2020, 04:30:46 pm »

Hey guys,

Is there a way for jriver to skip a certain video file from analyzing the audio. JRiver is using 75% cpu and hanging, while trying to analyze an older dvd. I'd rather just skip it. I do keep my files on a NAS.

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Analyzing video file exception
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 06:30:32 pm »

Select the files you want to analyze, then right click.

You could also rename it temporarily.  Or remove it from your library.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 08:41:47 pm »

Sounds like a problem with the file(s).

Re-rip it, re-source it, or convert it to another format, which may fix the issue.

Maybe even copying the file(s)1 to a different drive, deleting the original, and then copying it back would fix any minor disk and file issues. Or perhaps use the RM&Cf function to move the movie to another drive, and then move it back would be better, and achieve the same result.

Note 1: Depends a bit if it is a DVD folder rip, and a rip to a particular file format such as MP4 or MKV.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

chris635

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2020, 04:01:22 am »

Thanks guys.  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up