INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC26 reinstalls at startup every time, can it be fixed?  (Read 448 times)

stevenkl

• Recent member
MC26 reinstalls at startup every time, can it be fixed?
« on: August 28, 2020, 05:18:43 pm »

Since upgrading to MC26, every time each machine (I have two PC's with MC26 installed) starts up, MC26 goes through a reinstallation (files extracted and loaded).  The file locations and options previously set are retained, so it's not like optioning MC26 each time.  Is that normal function, and if not, how do I make it stop?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC26 reinstalls at startup every time, can it be fixed?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 06:28:50 pm »

You must have told Windows to run the installation programs every time it starts... unless you are actually clicking an icon to launch MC26, and that is when the installation happens. If the latter, you are using the wrong icon. Find the correct one.

This sort of problem usually happens on Mac installation, where it is easier to do accidentally. But it sounds like the above issue.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

stevenkl

• Recent member
Re: MC26 reinstalls at startup every time, can it be fixed?
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 07:18:46 pm »

Thanks, that worked.  Must have grabbed the wrong file when I set it up, as you said.
Pages: [1]   Go Up