INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Youtube with a Remote  (Read 453 times)

frohnert

Using Youtube with a Remote
« on: August 30, 2020, 04:22:10 pm »

I have been a supporter of JRiver for many years, updating about every second iteration. While I appreciate the continued upgrades, the remote functionality has always lagged. I like probably many (most?) have JRiver running full time on a computer in my home office hosting my entire video and music library and then push my music to various DNLA devices around the house. My main locations are AV receiver in the bedroom or basement family room, OPPO bluray-> amp -> magnepans in the living room, Receiver to outdoor speakers on deck, around pool and at hot tub. Needless to say control by android phone is critical to functionality. With guests it is nice to play a streaming station, or even more so have the ability for people to select tracts on the fly from youtube. JRiver can do this, but only if directly input into the computer which doesn't work when you're in the pool or hot tub. Surely it should not be difficult to include in the app (either gizmo or JRiver remote) the ability to remotely select and control streaming stations or better yet allow search and selection of youtube or pandora stations on the JRiver server.

This is such an obvious weakness in the JRiver experience that I can't see why it hasn't been addressed yet, or am I unaware of a current app or method of implementing this?

Pages: [1]   Go Up