INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: User-requested Quality of Life changes  (Read 2854 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
NEW: User-requested Quality of Life changes
« on: August 31, 2020, 10:43:21 am »

Middle click closes tabs
We added a quick way to close tabs in Media Center.  Middle-click on any tab and it will close.

Pane Tagging Always On
Media Center 27 adds the option to keep pane tagging on.  It was widely requested.

Check: Options > General > Advanced > Keep pane tagging enabled
Once pane tagging is turned on, it will stay on and no longer provide a dialog about enabling.

"Last Synced" now set reliably
Media Center now sets the field "Last Sync" any time a file is synced to a handheld.  This was another request from Interact.

Simply sync some files and after that you can use the date in any way (smartlist, view, etc.).

Close Media Server and Media Center
This was a little one, but I use it all the time.  I wanted a way to close Media Center completely and now it's there.

Click the tray icon and pick "Close Media Center and Media Server".  Both will close.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Mike Foran

• World Citizen
Re: NEW: User-requested Quality of Life changes
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 10:33:08 am »

Any chance you could also add "Restart Media Center and Media Server" as an option too? I know it's really only saving a few clicks, but this is generally what I do when I'm testing out custom views for JRemote.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 10:45:45 am »

Better yet would be dialog to allow immediately restart (yes/no) server when done some view changes which affects remotes

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 10:48:30 am »

Any chance you could also add "Restart Media Center and Media Server" as an option too? I know it's really only saving a few clicks, but this is generally what I do when I'm testing out custom views for JRemote.

You can use this:
Code: [Select]
' glynor's MC-Quit_Relaunch_Server.vbs script
' ************************************************************************************************************
' ************************************************************************************************************
' PURPOSE: Quits and relaunches MC in Media Server Mode..
' RELEASE NOTES:
' 1.0.0 (2020-07-19)
' http://glynor.com/files/MCUtilities/
' 1. Initial Release

'Create our handy dandy Shell object
set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

'Quit MC Entirely
WshShell.Run "MCcl.exe /Close"

'Wait a minute
WScript.Sleep 60000

'Relaunch MC in MediaServer Mode
WshShell.Run "MCcl.exe /MediaServer"

I run that via Task Scheduler daily at 4am on my server (to trigger it to be able to do it's backups and to let my automated Handheld syncs work properly). It has been working great for a couple months now.

Notes:
* As written, this script requires MCcl.exe to be installed (part of my MCUtilities pack) but you can just replace all of the MCcl.exe lines with MC27.exe, or whatever version you're using, to avoid that requirement. (MCcl.exe is nice though if you'll keep using the script long-term though, as it prevents you from having to re-edit them each time you upgrade to a new MC version.)

* This relaunches MC into Media Server mode. If you want it to launch full MC instead, change the /MediaServer part of the last line to /Start instead.

* I had to tweak the delay before the restart a bit to get it to work well. It is currently set to 1 minute (60 * 1000ms), which gives MC time to fully shut down before trying to restart it on my server. You might be able to reduce that a bit depending on your situation.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Mike Foran

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2020, 10:29:55 am »

I run that via Task Scheduler daily at 4am on my server (to trigger it to be able to do it's backups and to let my automated Handheld syncs work properly). It has been working great for a couple months now.

That's pretty slick, but not really what I'm hoping for. I just need a method or restarting the server quickly so I can reload JRemote and check to see if my new remote views work. I don't even do this very often, but when I do it's a hassle.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2020, 10:36:14 am »

Restarts from within the app are actually pretty tricky. The complete shutdown plus a shortcut on your desktop seems like a reasonable approach to me.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2020, 11:38:36 pm »

Thanks JRiver team. I shall use a few of these new features

edojan

• Recent member
Enabling m3u playlists on Android 10 devices - simple fix
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2020, 01:19:23 pm »

hello folks, thanks for continuous improvement in the app. Just upgraded from to 26/27.  Here is one issue that currently requires a manual work around and suggested simple resolution:

The issue: It's been widely reported (and I confirm from experience and testing) that Android 10 audio and video players no longer play content of M3U files unless the backslash is replaced with forward slash in the relative path. The apps such as VLC (and practically all other music and video players I tested no longer able to read the content of the M3U files if the playlists contain backward slashes.

The proposed fix:
Under the Drives & Devices>Handheld>Options>Files,Paths,&More>Playlist Format,
Add  "M3U (relative paths with forward slashes)

This would restore the functionality and make our lives much easier (no need to run batch conversions manually every time I sync my hand held).
Also, it appears that during sync the playlist content does not update. 
Thanks!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Enabling m3u playlists on Android 10 devices - simple fix
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2020, 08:22:02 am »

Under the Drives & Devices>Handheld>Options>Files,Paths,&More>Playlist Format,
Add  "M3U (relative paths with forward slashes)

Next build:
NEW: Added the playlist format "M3U (relative paths, forward slashes)" to handheld upload.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

edojan

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2020, 09:56:42 am »

Thanks!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up