INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: Better Artist Images During Playback  (Read 2481 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
NEW: Better Artist Images During Playback
« on: August 31, 2020, 11:02:27 am »

Description
Media Center now uses both Last.fm and Google to pull the artist images used during playback.  They should be better than ever.

Instructions
Start playback and right-click the display and pick "Artist Images...".
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lepa

• MC Beta Team
Re: NEW: Better Artist Images During Playback
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 11:15:36 am »

Ken Burns Effect and/or fade in/out option could be fine addition to artist images

billF

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2020, 08:21:36 pm »

I'm on a Mac and I'm trying to get to artist images here on MC27.  Right click is a control click for Mac normally but I can't find "artist images" anywhere I look.  When you say "Display" do you mean the small box on the lower left?  Or . . . where should I be right clicking?

I should add that since you say "better artist images" I may not know what you mean since I've never seen artist images before with MC26 other than my album cover.  I use MC26 now in a VERY simple way.  I do like it very much for its organization/customization - - but I can't learn anything at all from the Wiki so to keep from getting too frustrated, I only do high res 5.1 music playback through my Exasound E38 directly to amp and speakers.  I'd like to have more artist images though!  Thanks!

Al ex

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 12:54:35 am »

Ken Burns Effect and/or fade in/out option could be fine addition to artist images
+1

Al ex

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 12:55:17 am »

Setting for "always pull" images would be good.

billF

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2020, 01:33:11 pm »

I still can't find where to "right-click the display and pick "Artist Images...".  Perhaps this is not in the Mac version??  And, perhaps I don't even know what the Artist Images option is.  It sounds like something MC27 will access for me when I play back a known artist - kind of like what happens sometimes in Theater View (but maybe easier to access.). 

ANOTHER feature choice I would really like would be to be able to turn off scrolling in the upper playback and progress bar section (I don't know the MC terminology for this section).  As it is, it is disastrously easy to accidentally just barely touch the mouse with a finger and run the volume up or down a lot - or also move the progress bar accidentally.  As it is I try to keep the cursor out of this section all together but it's not always possible.  Thanks. 

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2020, 07:18:31 pm »

I don't get it on my display either and I run Windows 10 in Standard View.

The only place I've ever had artist images is in Theater View.  I can only assume that's what is being referred to here.

billF

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2020, 08:11:13 pm »

Thanks, Dawgin, for the feedback.  It will be interesting to find out what is planned for more Artist Images! 

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2020, 09:48:52 am »

Okay, I researched the artist images.  You first have to download them.

Artist images are stored in an 'Artists' subfolder under the configured cover art folder. 

The cover art folder can be configured in Options > File Locations.

To get artist images from Last.fm, select files > right-click > Cover Art > Get Artist Images From Last.fm..

It then is similar to Theater View in Standard View.  You may get images that have nothing to do with your artists via Google.  Personally like my Track Info view better, but it is an option. 

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2020, 10:08:02 am »

Just right-click the display and pick "Artist Images...".  There's no need to download first.

The display is the window you see in display view.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

billF

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2020, 12:47:49 pm »

Thanks for your reply.  Whether I go into Display View with command 3 or use the small display window on the lower left, all I see is a small white dot in the middle of the screen.  I can use the numbers (0 to 9) to get the dot to grow to about 1/4" in size max but it displays only a grey and white checkerboard.   If I control click (right click) or do any kind of click anywhere in the display window I get nothing.  Thanks, Bill

winniew

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2020, 02:52:06 am »

I also had the problem, that I couldn't find the right click option.

The right click option "Artist Images" only appears, when you are in Cover Art - mode, the option is not available when you have selected the Track Info-Visualization.

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2021, 04:57:47 pm »

Description
Media Center now uses both Last.fm and Google to pull the artist images used during playback.  They should be better than ever.

Instructions
Start playback and right-click the display and pick "Artist Images...".

The images are great. However, the option doesn't "stick". I have to do the right-click every time I start MC. Is this a bug?

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2021, 08:18:14 pm »

The images are great. However, the option doesn't "stick". I have to do the right-click every time I start MC. Is this a bug?

I agree. It would be really nice if this stuck. I think it should play the cover art for the first few seconds then automatically play images. Basic fade in and out would be nice too.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball
Pages: [1]   Go Up