INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver for Android 26.0.110 -- Available Here  (Read 1963 times)

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
JRiver for Android 26.0.110 -- Available Here
« on: August 31, 2020, 06:48:34 pm »

Preview build 26.0.110 is available on the Play Store
This is a new build of JRiver for Android.  Please post bugs here.

This is for the current production release. Beta versions may contain additional updates, but may also be more unstable. To join the beta group, find the app in the Google Play store and look for the section "Join the beta" and select Join. You may leave the beta at any time the same way. Joining the beta may not always be available due to participant size limits.

Please use this thread for discussion.

Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Play Store Download
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jriver.mediacenter

Changelog
26.0.110 (8/31/2020)

1. Changed: Made some improvements when trying to load a library.

26.0.109 (8/20/2020)

1. Changed: (Mobile) Made several changes to speed up playing now playlist rendering.
2. Fixed: (Mobile) The playing now playlist wasn't always updating properly.

26.0.108 (8/17/2020)

1. Changed: (Android TV) Made some improvements to how single item categories are handled.
2. Changed: (Android TV) Made some improvements to the Movies view.
3. Fixed: (Mobile) Fixed a couple of issues with updating the playing now playlist.
4. Changed (Mobile) Added seeking functionality for audio back in.

26.0.107 (8/13/2020)

1. Fixed: (Android TV) Certain categories, such as Movies, were not populating properly.
2. Changed: (Mobile) Swapping between the playing now page and playing now playlist is done by swiping.

26.0.106 (8/10/2020)

1. NEW: (Mobile) Added a native playback bar.
2. NEW: (Mobile) Added a native playing now page.
3. NEW: (Mobile) Added a native playing now list. Access it by click the cover art on the playing now page for now.
4. Changed: (Mobile) Improved how media playback and metadata is handled.
5. Fixed: (Mobile) Fixed some issues with the foreground notification not updating.
6. Fixed: (Mobile) Fixed some navigation problems when videos were in playing now.
7. Fixed: (Mobile) Fixed some remaining bugs from recent changes to the playing now page.

26.0.35 (3/16/2020)

1. Fixed: (Android TV) The playback bar was not auto-hiding.
2. Fixed: (Android TV) Cover art would not load in some cases.
3. Fixed: (Android TV) Metadata was not always updating when the playing file changed.
4. Fixed: (Android TV) The playback state was not always getting updated.
5: NEW: (Android TV) Seeking now works for videos.

26.0.33 (3/9/2020)

1. NEW: (Android TV) Fast forward and rewind now work with video.
2. NEW: (Android TV) Added cover art support.

26.0.32 (2/28/2020)

1. Changed: (Android TV) The video player will try to restore the playback position when it resumes if the file hasn't changed.

26.0.31 (2/26/2020)

1. Changed: More improvements to playback control as a DLNA renderer.

26.0.30 (2/21/2020)

1. Fixed: (Android TV) Improved playback control as a DLNA renderer.

Known Issues as of 26.0.110
(General)

- Loading a library can fail and get stuck while loading?
- Loading a library may sometimes load the wrong library.
- Current missing features include ratings display, repeat, shuffle, and playlist editing.

(Mobile Version)
- Navigating back to the media browser may produce a blank screen. Hitting the home button will refresh the page.
- Image playback is not supported at the moment.

rec head

Re: JRiver for Android 26.0.110 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 06:10:28 am »

Using .110 I tried loading my main server's library on my Shield. I selected the library to load, confirmed, etc. Then it went right back to Load Library and the server didn't even show up. I have never been able to load this library on the Shield but can connect to it with remotes and client PCs.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 06:38:38 am »

Using .110 I tried loading my main server's library on my Shield. I selected the library to load, confirmed, etc. Then it went right back to Load Library and the server didn't even show up. I have never been able to load this library on the Shield but can connect to it with remotes and client PCs.
I'll move this to a new thread.

What version of MC do you have running on the server?  What you describe sounds like the server isn't visible to the Shield on your network. 

Could you describe your network?

I'll move this to a new thread.

BradATIMA

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2020, 09:33:51 am »

It sounds like it failed to load the library. Was there a failure message?

rec head

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2020, 03:12:58 pm »

There was no failure message. Either the circle spins until I get tired of it or the screen goes gray and then kicks out to the main screen.

I was running .103 on the server. Sorry I thought I was up to date. I shouldn't have posted. I just updated to .106 on my Server and Client. I have a small library on the Client that I use for testing. The Shield will load the Client's library but not my main Server's library. MC's passwords are turned off.

This is an entirely wired network. The Server can be connected to by all the remotes and this Client. The Shield shows up on both of my computers in MC under Playing Now in the left column.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2020, 03:42:04 pm »

110 is the version of JRiver for Android.

rec head

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2020, 05:48:48 pm »

Yes. Android v .110

Windows 64bit v .106 on both PCs

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2020, 06:00:25 pm »

Is the library on the server unusual in any way?  Are all of its files stored locally?  Or are they on a NAS or other external drive?  How many files?

BradATIMA

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2020, 06:03:03 pm »

If JRiver for Android was up-to-date and you never saw an error message then it never finished loading for some reason, but even a large library should only take a few seconds. Would you be willing to send a library backup to brad at jriver so I could test it out?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2020, 07:07:43 pm »

My Libraries loaded better using JRiver for Android version 26.0.110. Faster.

JRiver for Android took a longish time to start up this time, but I think it was updating to version 26.0.110. There was no indication though, but I confirmed the version in the About dialogue.

My Workstation Library was immediately visible, and loaded on first try, with Views confirming that.

I had to boot my HTPC to try to load that Library, and the Library took quite some time to appear. When it did, the first attempted load failed, even though it gave all the correct messages. It just loaded the Main (local) Library. The HTPC Library had disappeared when I went back into the Load function to try again, but exiting and reentering the function after a delay saw it back again. On this attempt the HTPC Library loaded and was working correctly.

As JRiver for Android has seen these Libraries before, it knew the Username and Password, so I wasn't asked to enter them. That bypassed all the fuss I had previously. Note that was true in the past, but JRiver for Android still asked for the credentials on each load. No longer. Thanks. So I changed the Username and Password in MC to force JRiver for Android to require new credentials.

Well that opened a can of worms. I saw a new keyboard type that I have never seen before. See first image.

The usual keyboard I get is shown in the second image. So I had to turn off "Google Voice Typing" and turn on "Virtual Remote Keyboard". Then I got the correct keyboard back and could enter the HTPC Library Username and Password, and could load the Library. I note that the Cancel button is gone altogether. I guess that is fine because a user can just select Back to abort the load.

I confirmed that there had been no update to the TV firmware since I last used JRiver for Android.

So I have to conclude that the JRiver for Android update to version 26.0.110 messed with my TV's keyboard settings.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

rec head

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2020, 07:45:09 am »

If JRiver for Android was up-to-date and you never saw an error message then it never finished loading for some reason, but even a large library should only take a few seconds. Would you be willing to send a library backup to brad at jriver so I could test it out?

Yes I'll send it. FWIW MO4media on the same Shield loads the library.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2020, 08:42:31 am »

Could there be a conflict? 

BradATIMA

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2020, 01:17:33 pm »

Thank you for sending a copy of your library. We found a crash when trying to load your library. After fixing the crash we were able to load the library.

rec head

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2020, 01:19:49 pm »

The Shield crashed or the Server? Is there something I can fix?

BradATIMA

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2020, 01:32:17 pm »

JRiver for Android would crash. That's why the screen would go gray before returning to the main menu. There will be a fix in the next build.
Pages: [1]   Go Up