INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Change cover art for Artist  (Read 467 times)

juddcbrown

• Recent member
Change cover art for Artist
« on: September 03, 2020, 08:56:19 am »

This seems so easy, but is so dangerous.

How do I change the cover art for a Band without changing the art on every album withing said Band's Albums?

I tried the obvious - Library Tools => Cover Art => Paste From Clipboard or Copy From File. It changed all 450 Grateful Dead albums to the art I selected.

I thought the art would cycle through different Album covers on the Artist or Album tabs, but I must have broken it.

Thanks in advance, Judd

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Change cover art for Artist
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 09:44:24 am »

This seems so easy, but is so dangerous.

How do I change the cover art for a Band without changing the art on every album withing said Band's Albums?

I tried the obvious - Library Tools => Cover Art => Paste From Clipboard or Copy From File. It changed all 450 Grateful Dead albums to the art I selected.
It should only do that if the Artist and Album are all the same.  Example: Artist is Grateful Dead and Album is Live Concert.  Just modify the Album name.

juddcbrown

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 03:18:26 pm »

I need to be more clear.

If I click Artists under Audio, all of the Artists in my collection are displayed in the Artists tab. Each Artist has a single Cover (fanned) thumbnail representing that Artist. Clicking on that thumbnail allows me to choose Play or Albums.

The Cover representing The Dead is not the Cover I want there. I have 500 Albums, all with different Name and Covers.

Am I safe right-clicking the Cover under Artists, then Cover Art and Paste From File and only changing the fanned Cover? I don't want the same Cover to apply to every Album again.

Thanks Jim.

juddcbrown

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2020, 03:23:30 pm »

Never mind, got it. The Cover I don't like was in JRiver/Cover Art/Artists/Grateful Dead.jpg. Deleted that and it started to rotate Covers.

Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up