INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: version 26 windows 10 wasapi problem  (Read 600 times)

bpasok

version 26 windows 10 wasapi problem
« on: September 05, 2020, 05:50:45 pm »

I have the latest update (106).  I have the latest Windows updates.  Recently, something has changed and I am unable to use the wasapi output selection.  I have tried two separate dacs.  I use the coax (spdif) connection.  wasapi works from foobar (I did this as a test).  All I get is noise (white noise?) from jriver with the wasapi output selected.  direct sound works fine.  I have reinstalled the Realtek audio driver and it made no difference.  I am not sure precisely when this started, but it is very consistent at this time and I would like to get this problem resolved.  any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

bpasok

Re: version 26 windows 10 wasapi problem
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 04:33:10 pm »

problem solved.... I am not sure why it caused a problem, but the solution was to choose wasapi as usual and set the bitrate to 'automatic' as recommended.... I had it set to 24-bit... I am not sure why it resulted in the white noise, but changing it back to automatic resulted in everything working fine.  I figured I should post this out there in case someone else runs into the same problem.  Thanks.

Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up