INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album Stats - average DR on album  (Read 639 times)

YankeeInLondon

• Recent member
Album Stats - average DR on album
« on: September 05, 2020, 07:45:19 pm »

I was playing around with stats in the tag manager and hoped to be able to create a "stat" which give me the average DR (aka, Dynamic Range("DR")) of an album. I can see duration and size summaries but is there a way to divide the number of files in the album but the sum of  it's DR?

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Album Stats - average DR on album
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 08:41:38 am »

I did this calculation several years ago. It uses a Smartlist to do the calculation and loads it into a user defined field [Album Dynamic Range]. I run it every so often to update the data for new additions to the library.  There might be an easier way these days. It would be nice to have this as a standard MC defined field.

You need to define the [Album Dynamic Range] library field as calculated data

=math(round(load(var_album_dr[album artist (auto)][album])))

Then add the attached Smartlist. This will populate the field for each track with the average dynamic range for each album. The code is in the attached text files. One is the code as a single stream as MC saves it and the other is a readable version.  There are basically 5 lines of code, two to set the variables to zero to start, one to count the number of tracks, one to sum the Dynamic Range values and one to calculate the average.

Give it a try.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 10:01:50 am »

Much easier - Use the new GroupSummaryQuery feature.  It will calculate the average directly.  See the excellent documentation in the Wiki.

GroupSummaryQuery(Album, Dynamic Range /(DR/),1)

The / says to use the parenthesis rather than treating it  as a special character.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2020, 02:34:09 pm »

The attached View counts the number of audio tracks in your library separated into 4 DR categories : Bad (0 to 7), Bad-Transitional (8-10), Good-Transitional (11-13), and Good (14-30).  The view includes viewing by Genre, but you can add other options. I also have a view that allows me to separate digitized vinyl, CD, Hi-Res, etc. You could also do CDs by date, for example. Just add the categories  in the view. If you want different ranges, you can just change the values in the code in Set Files for Display.  Just load the view and take a look.  Again, there may be easier ways using some of the new functions.

Pages: [1]   Go Up