INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Format Convert To MP3 Not Working  (Read 794 times)

donlboy

• World Citizen
Format Convert To MP3 Not Working
« on: September 09, 2020, 11:04:27 am »

I cannot convert any format (FLAC, APE, WMA, etc.) to MP3. Conversions to other formats work fine. For MP3 the progress bar just jumps to 100% and it says "Conversion complete", but no new file is generated. I have tried various options (file destination, encoder settings, mode, etc.) with the same results. Of course tried the usual restart/reboot, etc. I'm sure I have done this several times in the past, but not recently. I am running 2.0.106, 64 bit on up-to-date Win 10.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Format Convert To MP3 Not Working
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 04:39:03 pm »

Go to "Options > File Location > Conversion Cache > Audio" to find out / confirm where your audio cache is. Go to that location and delete the contents of the cache. Try again.

If that doesn't work, try changing the above setting to "None (do not create cache)" and try again.

MC will use files it finds in the cache if you try converting a file that has already been converted. MC has internal rules about how it picks matching files, and it doesn't always pick the exact format you specified, if for example it finds an existing MP3 file in the cache, regardless of bitrate or other attributes. Of course, if you were telling the "Convert Format" function to put the result into a specific location, and it didn't, then something else is wrong. But the above change may sort that out.

Also, be sure you don't already have the file in the MC Library, but just Stacked below the source FLAC/APE/etc file. That would also tend to hide the file, if you weren't aware of Stacking.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up