INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: lyrics download  (Read 661 times)

High-End

• World Citizen
lyrics download
« on: September 11, 2020, 06:50:17 am »

I have not yet understood how the lyrics download works.
I have set up MC to run an audio analysis and a lyrics download.
The audio data incl MC database are on a NAS. From 2 computers this data is then accessed.
The result is, that with every new import MC starts again and again to download all 32K lyrics? Is that supposed to be like this, or where is the error?
Thanks for your support.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: lyrics download
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 07:25:14 am »

I have not yet understood how the lyrics download works.
I have set up MC to run an audio analysis and a lyrics download.
The audio data incl MC database are on a NAS. From 2 computers this data is then accessed.
The result is, that with every new import MC starts again and again to download all 32K lyrics? Is that supposed to be like this, or where is the error?
Thanks for your support.

MC's Lyrics Lookup is restricted to only being able to download the lyrics for 10 tracks at a time, so if you are wanting to import the lyrics for as many tracks as possible in as short a time as possible then it would be better to use "Lyrics Finder"
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

MikeO

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 07:40:33 am »

I think what High-End is referring to is in the Auto Import config there is a check box to turn on Lyrics lookup on at auto import, a bit like automatically doing Audio Analysis

The problem is that when you Check that box MC looks up Lyrics for the WHOLE library

Do another import it does it again etc, it’s been like this from day 1 of Lyrics lookup

There needs to be logic to only lookup missing Lyrics

How that ties in with the 10 limit I don’t know

Ferdi

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 07:44:26 am »

I think it already looks up only for songs that don’t have lyrics. Still, I got a huge collection of also classic and jazz: it would be good to know that the sequence in which MC looks up starts with songs most recently added

MikeO

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 07:50:07 am »

Unless it’s changed it does all files

I can’t say as I turned it off and reported to the forum ages back, I heard no more

Maybe Matt can confirm

High-End

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2020, 07:54:42 am »

I think what High-End is referring to is in the Auto Import config there is a check box to turn on Lyrics lookup on at auto import, a bit like automatically doing Audio Analysis

The problem is that when you Check that box MC looks up Lyrics for the WHOLE library

Do another import it does it again etc, it’s been like this from day 1 of Lyrics lookup

There needs to be logic to only lookup missing Lyrics

How that ties in with the 10 limit I don’t know

Ok, that make sence.
I will uncheck that box.
thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up