INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Backup and Restore MC settings  (Read 932 times)

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
Backup and Restore MC settings
« on: September 13, 2020, 03:23:03 am »

I am in the process of commissioning and migrating to a new PC. Trying to migrate 20 + pages of settings is a little duanting. I know that some settings are saved with the Library back up, but some of the settings are hardware based not user interface.

Is there some way to even get a list of settings from my old system esp. hardware to migrate more easily? Particularly trying to get my head around Digital audio settings. There are some that I do not have a clue on. Fortunately the old system has not crashed (although flaky at nearly 11 years old) it's still running but I'm going screen by screen. Is there a list of what settings are in the backup so I can skip through those?
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Backup and Restore MC settings
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2020, 07:27:48 am »

No.  You could restore a backup and fix what isn't right. 

Make sure your drive letter is the same and you file structure is identical if you use the backup.   You can change it later. 

The wiki has a topic called Moving Files. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up