INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug with "Rename, Move, & Copy Files" command.  (Read 441 times)

mlefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Bug with "Rename, Move, & Copy Files" command.
« on: September 13, 2020, 09:54:59 am »

Hi,

There seems to be a bug with the "Rename, Move, & Copy Files" command. I'm trying to rename some songs using [Album Artist]\[Album] directory rule but if the [Album Artist] field ends with a period (.) then the period is not taken into consideration any more.

As an example:

[Album Artist] in the tags = "King, B.B.". When I try to rename and move the songs, they are moved to H:\00-Music\King. B.B\01-Introductions.flac. The last period is missing in the sub-directory name "King, B.B", it should be "King, B.B.".

I'm running MC 26.0.90. The command used to work fine for over 20 years. I have several B.B. King albums that I have moved and renamed over the years in my collection that are in a "King, B.B." sub-directory so I'm not sure when this was introduced.

Michel.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Bug with "Rename, Move, & Copy Files" command.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2020, 06:55:47 pm »

It is not a bug in MC. It is a Windows folder naming requirement.

Try creating a new folder in Windows called "NewFolder.". Windows will remove the dot, and you'll be left with the folder named "NewFolder".

This has been the case for many years, even back in Windows 7. I don't when it changed. Probably when Windows moved away from 8.3 file naming. You can't have had it working for 20 years up until recently, unless maybe if you were running Windows XP all that time. Or actually, maybe Windows 3.1.

Google "folder name ending with dot" and you will find lots of information.

Also, it might be a good idea to update MC to 26.0.107. Not essential, but that will probably be the last version of MC26.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up