INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stream with Media center  (Read 1063 times)

Datman

• World Citizen
Stream with Media center
« on: September 13, 2020, 08:04:56 pm »

Last night I tried to use MC26 to stream through my Merging Technologies Anubis audio device. It's a high-end primarily professional product. Does not use windows audio, strictly ASIO drivers through a Ravenna network. To connect any widows audio based app like Pandora I have to use a ASIO bridge it's a virtual cable program that will connect any WASAPI drivers to the ASIO Ravenna driver. Image below

So here's the odd part. I can play all my files from 44.1 thru DSD using MC26 and the Anubis everything works perfect. It automatically changes the sampling rate as required for the different files.  If I click the Pandora or any app in MC I get nothing and have to change drives to the virtual cable WASAPI drivers and then I'm locked to what ever windows audio is set at so if set to 96K 44.1 will be unconverted on the fly and DSD is not compatible.

Is there a way to make the Pandora app recognize the Ravenna drivers? So I can more easily play both files and stream pandora sing the Ravenna drivers.

Datman

• World Citizen
Re: Stream with Media center
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 06:08:27 pm »

So does any know why I'm having issue? Here is another screenshot. It shows I can play both my files and streaming apps at the same time. Files to the Anubis and streaming to wasapi audio. Surely there is a way to make both side play using the ASIO ravenna drivers.

Maybe there is a plug-in that will allow me to connect the streaming apps to ASIO audio?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 09:15:27 pm »

The choices are pretty simple.

Pandora -> JRiver WDM Driver -> JRiver MC -> ASIO ravenna drivers -> Merging Technologies Anubis audio device

or

Pandora -> ASIO bridge virtual cable -> ASIO ravenna drivers -> Merging Technologies Anubis audio device

If Pandora can output in WASAPI Exclusive Mode, then the JRiver WDM Driver will take what it is given.
If Pandora can only output in Shared Mode, then you need to set the format you want in the WDM Driver, and that will be input to MC. In Shared Mode Windows Audio will get involved in the 'Pandora -> JRiver WDM Driver" part of the Audio Path, and will remix to the format specified in the WDM Driver as required.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/WDM_Driver

I believe you could also use;
Pandora -> WASAPI Loopback -> JRiver MC -> ASIO ravenna drivers -> Merging Technologies Anubis audio device

You might also be able to use;
Pandora -> ASIO bridge virtual cable -> JRiver ASIO Line-in -> JRiver MC -> ASIO ravenna drivers -> Merging Technologies Anubis audio device

But you would still need to configure the ASIO Line-in audio format, it is an extra step in the Audio Path, it might only work with a physical Line-in, and I don't see the point really.

Those are available in the "File > Open Live" top menu. I haven't used either, so can't help further on that.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Datman

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 09:35:24 pm »

The choices are pretty simple.

Pandora -> JRiver WDM Driver -> JRiver MC -> ASIO ravenna drivers -> Merging Technologies Anubis audio device

or

Pandora -> ASIO bridge virtual cable -> ASIO ravenna drivers -> Merging Technologies Anubis audio device

If Pandora can output in WASAPI Exclusive Mode, then the JRiver WDM Driver will take what it is given.
If Pandora can only output in Shared Mode, then you need to set the format you want in the WDM Driver, and that will be input to MC. In Shared Mode Windows Audio will get involved in the 'Pandora -> JRiver WDM Driver" part of the Audio Path, and will remix to the format specified in the WDM Driver as required.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/WDM_Driver

I believe you could also use;
Pandora -> WASAPI Loopback -> JRiver MC -> ASIO ravenna drivers -> Merging Technologies Anubis audio device

You might also be able to use;
Pandora -> ASIO bridge virtual cable -> JRiver ASIO Line-in -> JRiver MC -> ASIO ravenna drivers -> Merging Technologies Anubis audio device

But you would still need to configure the ASIO Line-in audio format, it is an extra step in the Audio Path, it might only work with a physical Line-in, and I don't see the point really.

Those are available in the "File > Open Live" top menu. I haven't used either, so can't help further on that.
Thanks Roderrick gives me something to work with. The part that baffled me is why I could play my files directly and for Pandora I have to use the ASIO bridge. It turns out to not be a big deal to switch between the two. All I do is turn on the ASIO bridge and it prioritizes the steaming apps like Pandora, turn it off I can play files. There is a part of that hates the idea of a intermediate device but when your talking Pandora it's a non-issue.

I'm interested in checking out Cloudplay maybe it will connect directly like my files

Today I checked out Cloudplay and it looks like it will be very cool and the good news is it plays directly to the Ravenna drivers like my files. From the looks of it the playlists are all 16/44.1 flac and sound very good. I'm not sure if my files have a place there they are all needle drops.

So my guess is what you said above is why Pandora will not work the same.

" If Pandora can only output in Shared Mode, then you need to set the format you want in the WDM Driver, and that will be input to MC. In Shared Mode Windows Audio will get involved in the 'Pandora -> JRiver WDM Driver" part of the Audio Path, and will remix to the format specified in the WDM Driver as required."
Pages: [1]   Go Up