INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video playback in Display question  (Read 933 times)

tij

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Video playback in Display question
« on: September 14, 2020, 01:40:21 pm »

I am trying to help a guy https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,126683.0.html

He identified many problems for his use scenario and the thread is very long to read to catch up. I isolated problem for which I am stuck ... so I separated it here in hopes someone can shed the light.

SCENARIO

Video is playback in Display and not in full screen. It is playback mainly for audio (music videos and/or concert). MC window is moved around and resized during video playback to make room for other application windows (working while playing music video).

PROBLEM

When video stops or new video starts (from playlist), MC windows positions and resizes itself to a state when video starts playing.

Is there some settings that will prevent MC resizing/repositioning itself when video stops playing and/or new video starts playing from playlist.
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

caffsx

• Recent member
Re: Video playback in Display question
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 02:46:21 pm »

I've had the same problem, but on a multidisplay setup and in any display view. No solution.

Did a fresh windows install, still didn't work.

Got curious and tried MC27, same behavior.

I moved back to MC23, my last purchased version. No problems.

26 was money down the drain for me and I won't be buying future versions until this is fixed.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2020, 02:58:47 pm »

Could you two describe this problem in more detail?

I try detaching my display and stop and start new videos and the window just stays where I last put it.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2020, 03:41:35 pm »

I do not detach display. If not in full screen on a 2 monitor setup, MC will jump back if moved when video stop for me also.

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2020, 03:44:20 pm »

I think this is a key factor:
Video is playback in Display and not in full screen.

and

The user is playing from a mixed playlist of audio and video.

caffsx

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2020, 03:57:05 pm »

I think this is a key factor:
Video is playback in Display and not in full screen.

and

The user is playing from a mixed playlist of audio and video.

Maybe not, it happened when I was watching a TV Show where all the files were the same.
A file change/stop would send the window to whichever display it was started on.
On single display mode (windows display settings) would reset to 'Standard View'.

tij

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2020, 08:59:24 pm »

video is played in Display ... whether Display is detached on not does not affect this behavior

RO Standard or HQ does not affect this either

Step to reproduce

1. start playing video in Display (not in full screen)

2. move/resize MC window (not Display window)

3. Stop video (or start another video while first one still playing  ... or wait for first video to finish)

MC window (not Display window) will snap back to position/size when first video start playing
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2020, 08:30:41 am »

I think I've got it.  We were thinking we came from fullscreen mode, so restoring the window position.  Of course we were just in windowed display mode, so that's not right.

Thanks for the help everyone.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

tij

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2020, 08:57:55 am »

I think I've got it.  We were thinking we came from fullscreen mode, so restoring the window position.  Of course we were just in windowed display mode, so that's not right.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Thanks, Matt, for looking into this.

I got one more problem related to this ... if you could look into it at the same time

If you have playlist of video ... again plaing in Display pane (not full screen)

1. minimize MC to taskbar
2. wait for current video to finish and next video on playlist to start

once next video starts ... MC will come out of minimized state ... this should not happen
Pages: [1]   Go Up