INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV on Mac Questions [Solved]  (Read 1529 times)

wellywu

• World Citizen
TV on Mac Questions [Solved]
« on: September 14, 2020, 03:52:32 pm »

I am using Apple macOS 10.15.6 Supplemental Update 64-bit "Catalina" and I just installed, licensed, and gave the correct permission for JRiver Media Center 27 64-bit Master License. I was able to log into my JRiver Cloudplay account, but the television feature does not see my Silicondust HDHomeRun Connect Quatro device on my Verizon FiOS Mix & Match home network. Yet, the official Silicondust HDHomeRun app for Apple macOS allows me to watch over the air television just fine. I would like to know if and when JRiver enables and turns on their implementation of the television feature in JRiver Media Center 27 64-bit for Apple macOS and which specific version I should look out for to get it to just work. Please tell me what I need to know. Thank you.

wellywu

• World Citizen
Re: TV on Mac Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 04:22:44 pm »

I read the instructions, but the setup wizard is still quite buggy. Sometimes, I can log into my Perc Data accout and sometimes I can not log in. It consistently fails to load the Perc Data after I log into my account successfully and it does not download the EPG data and information. I understand that it is still early days and more patches and updates are needed, but can you fix the problem with logging into Perc Data and it not downloading the data and information for the EPG so it just works? Thanks.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2020, 04:46:44 pm »

I am using Apple macOS 10.15.6 Supplemental Update 64-bit "Catalina" and I just installed, licensed, and gave the correct permission for JRiver Media Center 27 64-bit Master License. I was able to log into my JRiver Cloudplay account, but the television feature does not see my Silicondust HDHomeRun Connect Quatro device on my Verizon FiOS Mix & Match home network. Yet, the official Silicondust HDHomeRun app for Apple macOS allows me to watch over the air television just fine. I would like to know if and when JRiver enables and turns on their implementation of the television feature in JRiver Media Center 27 64-bit for Apple macOS and which specific version I should look out for to get it to just work. Please tell me what I need to know. Thank you.
MC needs to find the device as a DLNA device via SSDP. Does it show up in the tree under DLNA servers?
I assume Media Network is enabled on your MC27 install?
Since you said your network is "Mix and Match" I'm wondering if you have segmented your network into multiple LAN segments with different IPV4 networks and your Mac and HDHomeRun aren't on the same segment?

I have an HDHomeRun Connect which works fine with my Mac and this build of MC.

wellywu

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2020, 04:56:34 pm »

It says that Perc Data execution of external program failed and the program guide is invalid or it does not contain any program data for your channels.

So, I am using Murus Pro and Vallum which are third-party Apple macOS firewall software products and I configured both of them correctly so that both the Silicondust HDHomeRun and JRiver Media Center 27 64-bit Master License software products do indeed see my Silicondust HDHomeRun Connect Quatro. The official Silicondust HDHomeRun app allows me to watch over the air television just fine. The JRiver app allows me to see the Silicondust HDHomeRun Connect Quatro and I can log into my Perc Data, but it keeps saying that execution of the external program failed followed by the program guide is invalid or it does not contain any program data for your channels. I am getting one step closer to getting this to work, but this is the first time that JRiver enabled and turned on the television feature for Media Center 27 64-bit for Apple macOS and I am wondering if it is a bug that needs to be fixed or am I doing something wrong? Why is it that Perc Data can not download the EPG data and information?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2020, 05:24:28 pm »

At this point, only the Silicondust EPG may work.

It's possible that MC is trying to execute the Percdata program but the name is different than on Windows.

wellywu

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2020, 05:32:08 pm »

I think that I am one of the early adopters of JRiver Media Center 27 64-bit on Apple macOS 10.15.x 64-bit "Catalina," Manjaro 20.1 64-bit "Mikah," and Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit Pro edition version 1909 as of the current September 2020 Microsoft Patch Tuesdays security updates on two laptops.  :P

I also think that I just inadvertently reported a bug within JRiver Media Center 27 64-bit Master License for Apple macOS 10.15.x 64-bit "Catalina." Would the JRiver team please look into this technical issue and get it patched with the release of a newer version in the near future?

I am so close to getting JRiver Media Center 27 64-bit Master License to just work on three different desktop operating systems on two laptops. The Manjaro GIT repository and the Windows 10 versions of this software product mostly just work at this time which is why I am not reporting bugs that affect me at this time although I am sure that the JRiver team is hard at work to make it mature and stable in the future. The Apple macOS version needs to be fixed so I can log into my Perc Data account and it can download and install the EPG data and information so I can watch over the air television using this software product hopefully in the near future.

I am hopeful and optimistic that the brilliant team at JRiver is going to fix it soon. I am watching this thread for updates. Thank you for your hard work in fixing and improving this software product and version in the future.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 07:47:44 am »

TV support on Mac is still in its early stages.  We are still working on ironing out wrinkles. 

It says that Perc Data execution of external program failed and the program guide is invalid or it does not contain any program data for your channels.

I am not sure of this one.  Perc Data downloading has been working on Windows for a long time.  We will investigate.  Can you turn on logging in MC and capture a log?  I am not sure if the log will show the information we need, but it is a start.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

wellywu

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2020, 07:51:19 am »

Can you tell me how to turn on logging and get that data to you for the macOS version?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2020, 07:56:41 am »

The wiki has a topic on logging.

HaWi

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2020, 08:03:54 am »

Can you tell me how to turn on logging and get that data to you for the macOS version?
It's under the [Help] menu ...
rPi5/8GB, Debian 12 Bookworm on SSD | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 2699
MacBookPro (2013), 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, MacOS 11.7.17 | JRMark (32.0.38 64 bit): 3764
Mac Studio M2 Max, 64GB, 1TB SSD, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 | JRMark (32.0.38 64 bit): 9235
Docker Container (shiomax) DS1819+ | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 1430
JRemote 3.43
MO 4Media 1.5.7 | Marantz SR7007 (RSL 5.1) HDMI to MacBookPro

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2020, 08:43:56 am »

I just tried the latest build on a Mac (the same OS version as yours).  It works just fine.  Perc Data logging in, channel matching, data downloading, all are fine.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2020, 08:57:19 am »

Perc Data is very sensitive about loads on their server.  If you set up multiple computers in a short time, their server might refuse.  I am just throwing out ideas...

wellywu

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2020, 09:18:25 am »

I am including my logs. Please take a look and help me to fix it. Perc Data can log in, but it keeps telling me that execution of external program failed and the electronic programming data is incomplete or missing.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2020, 10:10:41 am »

Your log shows that MC was trying to download EPG using mc2xml method, instead of Perc Data.  Right-click on Television in the left panel, and select "Load Program Guide..." from the menu.  Take a look in the resulting window and see what EPG modes are active.  You should have Perc Data active instead of MC2XML.

If you are not sure of what I am talking about, take a look at the EPG setup wiki, there is a screenshot in the section "6. After Initial Setup"

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2020, 10:20:33 am »

The MC2XML method does not work at all on Mac.  Its usefulness on Windows has dwindled to almost none too.  I am in the process of removing it.

wellywu

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2020, 11:13:09 am »

Thank you. It is fixed now. I can watch over the air television and I can stream from Cloudplay. This is fixed, but hopefully a newer version of this software product is going to obviate the steps that I needed to take.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2020, 12:08:48 pm »

I am glad this is sorted out.

al1947

• World Citizen
Re: TV on Mac Questions [Solved]
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2020, 01:54:12 pm »

Maybe best asked in this thread:
NEW: MC will automatically create TV channels if HDHomeRun tuners are found, and related channels have not already been created.

Only HDHomeRun tuners? I have an EyeTV 250 Plus that MC27 does not detect.
Pages: [1]   Go Up