INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC Playlists Stop Between Songs  (Read 742 times)

pbpcn7

• Recent member
MC Playlists Stop Between Songs
« on: September 16, 2020, 10:02:38 am »

I have read similar threads to this but have not found a solution. At least I know that others have had the same issue. I maintain all of my audio files on a Synology NAS which MC looks to to play content. I have an Oppo 105D that I use as a renderer/DAC. So my PC (with MC installed) is connected to the Oppo by USB, which is in turn connected to a stereo receiver to play the content to various locations in my house.

I have had this exact same setup ever since I first bought the Oppo about 5-6 years ago, other than changing out the PC about 3 years ago (which is not used for anything else than this and runs on Windows 10). I have added no programs lately except MC 27, but have done the normal upgrades to Windows and MC. I use Windows Defender on this computer.

Everything worked fine until about 2 months ago - I was hoping that upgrading to MC 27 would solve the issue but not so far. I have not changed any settings to my knowlege. Disable SetNext is checked (and in fact cannot stay unchecked). I control usually with Gizmo on my Android phone.

Now the playlists stop at the end of tracks and I need to manaully advance to the next track to get it to continue. It sometimes will play more than one song (maybe as many as 4-5) before it stops, but usually just 1 or 2. Every time, the track shows that it is frozen on the last second or the second before (or toggling between the two). The last Oppo firmware upgrade was years ago so I don't think that the Oppo has anything to do with it - has to be something different in MC or Windows.

I'm not as computer literate as many out there, but if I can't fix this, MC is no good to me anymore. I have not tried unistalling MC and reinstalling it, but could try that if you think it would help. I have MC installed on a separate computer which plays the tracks drirectly to speakers attached to the computer and playlists work fine there.

Please help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC Playlists Stop Between Songs
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 10:23:25 am »

Please take a look here to read about similar  problems:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,24031.300.html

There are seven pages.

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 01:46:53 pm »

Hi pbpcn7
Can you clarify a couple of statements you make in your post that are not clear to me:

1) "I maintain all of my audio files on a Synology NAS which MC looks to to play content" do you mean the Synology is acting as a DLNA server or are you using it as a file server and MC is the music server?
2)"I have an Oppo 105D that I use as a renderer/DAC. So my PC (with MC installed) is connected to the Oppo by USB" and "Disable SetNext is checked" are you playing to the Oppo directly as a USB DAC or are you streaming over your network to the Oppo using DLNA?

pbpcn7

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 08:56:28 am »

As for the response from thecrow, I believe that the answer to the first question is the latter. I just use the Synology as an external hard drive (it is assigned drive letters on my computer) and don't use any of its onboard music or server software. Perhaps I misunderstand the question, though. As for the second question, I am playing to the Oppo directly as a USB DAC. Everything is connected by ethernet or USB cables (except using Gizmo from my phone, which is obviously done over my home wireless network).

As I said in my first post, this all worked fine for years until a couple of months ago.

Thanks for the reply. I'll also look at the link that Jim H posted when I get a chance, but I'll bet that I've seen it before.
Pages: [1]   Go Up