INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: move JRiver installation to a VHD/Ramdrive  (Read 457 times)

Sigi M.

move JRiver installation to a VHD/Ramdrive
« on: September 18, 2020, 01:11:16 am »

Dear all,
I want to move my JRiver installation (music files are placed on a NAS) to a win server installation on a Win RamDrive.

A Server 2016 installation is placed on a VHD (virtual hard drive) and the JRiver installation shall be, too.

On boot process of the computer, the VHD containing the Win Server installation and the JRiver installation, is copied to the Ram Drive on the computer, using Grub4Dos, and the then computer will continue the boot process, using the RamDrive. (20 GB Ramdrive)
It doesn't matter that Windows server and JRiver shall run on a Ramdrive, as Win can not verify that it was started from a ramdrive.

The question I have, is, "how can I move a JRiver installation to another Disk" Does JRiver connect it's license to the computer (motherboard i.g.) or does it check, from which HDD it ist started?

In case it doesn't check the HDD, I still had to install it to the ramdrive
The whole installation placed on the ramdrive can be copied as an image of the ramdrive to the VHD, which itselfs will be copied to the ramdrive on boot. There is no question to this process, it works, please do not comment this.

My question is, how can I take the license of the current JRiver installation, to install JRiver on another harddrive, and is this possible?

Best regards and thx for your help very much
Siegfried

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: move JRiver installation to a VHD/Ramdrive
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2020, 07:53:15 am »

Move the files with MC.  There's a topic called Moving Files on our wiki.
Pages: [1]   Go Up