INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: help with tags in converted videos  (Read 381 times)

edojan

• Recent member
help with tags in converted videos
« on: September 18, 2020, 07:30:33 pm »

I am using Drives and Devices to transfer converted videos to my handheld device. The source files are in MPEG-TS have been tagged in MC (sidecar option enabled and the sidecar files have all the relevant tag info). Now, I have tried converting into all available options - FLV, WMV, MP4, TS and either way the tags are not written to destination files. When I open them on the mobile device I can only see convoluted, cryptic file names while the Title, description, and other important fields do not contain any information entered via MC.  Any suggestions on how I could address this issue?

edojan

• Recent member
Re: help with tags in converted videos
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2020, 11:17:26 pm »

Folks, I have also tried an alternate route by using the "convert format" tool on the .ts files. The idea was to convert them to .wmv (seemingly, the only video format available in MC which supports in-file tag storage). Alas, the newly converted .wmv inherited no metadata from the source files as the converter just ignored it  :'( . So I am back to square one. What am I missing? Is there a way to use the sidecars from the .ts source files to write the tags into .wmv?  In audio conversion there is an option to replace the originals with the newly converted files. I assume that process does change the tags / sidecars - correct? But not for the video. Ideally, during the conversion the .wmv files should be edited with whatever metadata they support and the rest to be placed into a separate sidecar. Then both files - the original and the converted should be stacked together. Please send in your thoughts for a work-around!
Pages: [1]   Go Up