INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC27 Media Server and Player  (Read 803 times)

NorthGeorgiaWX

• Recent member
  • It's a jeep thing... you wouldn't understand
MC27 Media Server and Player
« on: September 19, 2020, 08:30:51 am »

We recently moved and I'm in the process of starting over with all my setup.

I have an Intel NUC with MC27 and it's setup as a media server, has been even before we moved. My laptop has 27 on it and is also a media server. Everything worked no problem.

What I want to do, is load the NUC library on my MC27 client on my laptop. No problem, works fine. But what I want to do is play from my laptop back to the NUC box since it's directly connected to a Sonos port. I can't see the NUC box as a "player" from my laptop. I can do it directly by using Teamviewer to the NUC but that's not seamless. Plus, if I can get the NUC to show up on the network as a player, I can use the web interface to assign where I want it to go.  I have server, renderer, and controller checked off under the Advanced settings. I see all the Sonos devices as renderers and I see a TV. My receiver is off but normally I see that.
Ideas?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC27 Media Server and Player
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2020, 08:53:45 am »

Here's the wiki topic:
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Tremote

You should see "Player" as a choice.  That's the server.

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2020, 11:33:16 am »

My home setup is some what similar to yours in that I have a laptop which I use sometimes as a standalone system, being its own server, and sometimes I connect the laptop to my home server as a client.
Over the years I have noticed when switching the laptop from standalone mode into being a client MC does not always refresh the zones list correctly.
That is when connected to a server MC should offer up the servers zones as destinations with the key word There: in front of the device name but often offers client zones (without the There:) which will then fail if you try to play to them.
The only way I have found to fix this is on the client load the local library then reload the server library.

As I type this it occurs maybe it is not obvious to you the zone you want to play to is call "There" and not "Player" when connected to a server?

NorthGeorgiaWX

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2020, 11:49:23 am »

I see this as choices. This image is the MC client on my laptop, the NUC_Media is the MC library server. I don't see it as a player. In other words, I want to control the other computer and have the output go out through that computers audio out. Since I can't see the NUC_Media player, I can't tell it to play anything, nor can I use the web client to direct it to the NUC _Media output

NorthGeorgiaWX

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2020, 07:13:35 am »

Discovered a few things when I was playing around with it last night.

Sonos - After doing a little digging, Sonos will play FLAC files, but only 16 bit with a max of 48khz. That's why some of my music wouldn't play when trying to go directly to Sonos. So I setup a DLNA server just for Sonos to convert my music to something Sonos would play, and that seems to be working great. From MC27 I play directly to the Sonos port renderer and can then assign the music to whatever location I want using the Sonos app. I can also play directly to each Sonos room renderer without going through the Port.

I renamed the player to NUC_Player so I could identify it a little better. The web app is working now and since the computers audio out goes directly to Sonos, that works as well.

I also got the line in working for the Sonos Port from my NUC. I couldn't find anyway to hear the sound until I used the phone app and switched the Sonos Port to line in, I couldn't find a way to do it using the laptop version. I wish applications were consistent between PC/Mobile versions.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2020, 02:56:44 pm »

Good progress. Note that Sonus S2 now supports 24/44 and 24/48 for flac/alac.  Probably no reason to use 24 versus 16, but wanted to note that S2 now supports those formats.
Pages: [1]   Go Up