INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.0.152 available here  (Read 3012 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.0.152 available here
« on: April 16, 2003, 02:26:45 pm »

Media Center 9.0.152 is available.

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter90152.exe

1. Fixed: Silent import didn't work. (from Download Manager, etc.)
2. Fixed: There was no sound for ATI TV Wonder USB Edition.
3. NEW: Added "Auto Hide" option to Hairstyle. (on by default)
4. Changed: Double-clicking on a Hairstyle item with no children runs the "enter" action.
5. NEW: Added mouse wheel support to Hairstyle.
6. Fixed: Media Center would fail to create a new library if the path to the new library contained '.'.
7. NEW: Added "Picture" skin object to Hairstyle -- allows alpha-blended, context-sensitive pictures.

(NOTE: the current Hairstyle art is temporary -- what's there is only a proof of concept)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

NoCodeUK

Re: Media Center 9.0.152 available here
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2003, 02:30:14 pm »

I was just typing this in the previous bug thread when it was locked.

Its an oldie but has become more significant now that MC has had its image facelift.  When switching back and forth from full screen to MEGA ME sometimes the cover art is replaced by Surfin' Juke.  I thought he was dead and buried...  And why does it not stay as cover art?  if you switch to a new visual and back the cover art returns...

Thought i would point it out for the sake of consistency in the new look...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

mdlmn

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2003, 02:34:27 pm »

I am planning on buying version 9. Could you please tell me how to update to newer versions of the 9 series on a computer not hooked up to the internet?

NoCodeUK

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2003, 02:40:02 pm »

Display Options and Setup in Hairstyle are causing MC to crash with a VC++ RUntime Error...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

KeystoneCop

• Galactic Citizen
  • I hate computers..
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2003, 02:42:32 pm »

When filling properties from file name (file name is the last field in what I am doing) it only pickes up the first word..  The Beatles  ends up as The.

Update. Tried to roll back to version 151 (it won't).  some message that said unable to load library. so I am stuck until you fix this.  I think this was reported in version 149.  It worked ok in version 151 (almost posiitive, but cannot try it now)
There is a way to compare tags

[=isequal([band],[album])]=1

thanks marko

RemyJ

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2003, 03:38:11 pm »

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/02/24  Priority: High
    The confirmation box that pops up on a Find and Replace on filename if the destination file already exists needs more options.  'Accept, Accept All, Ignore, Ignore All and Cancel'

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/04/11  Priority: High
    The External Tools facility is only processing the [FILENAME] tag and it's automatically putting double quotes around the replaced text.  

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/02/24  Priority: High
    The converter forces '[ARTIST]/[ALBUM]' directory naming which un-does directoy changes made to compilation albums to get them into the 'multiple artists' category.

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

rogerg2

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2003, 04:48:54 pm »

I don't know if this is a bug or what, but it's been buggin the snot of me for the last few builds. Whenever I try to view a video or movie, whether it be .avi, DivX, mpeg, etc. it opens in the full screen view.

I barely post bugs or suggestions because to me MC RULES! Too bad Trillians company CS won't adopt JRiver tech. for producing their products.

Roger

WinXP Home
2.533 P4
Giga-Byte 8IEXP
512MB PC2100

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2003, 05:02:38 pm »

First, some Hairstyle questions.

1. Is there any way to navigate the items in the right hand pane without using a mouse?

2. Is it possible to remove the navigation arrows by customizing the xml? If not, there should be, as they're kind of annoying when used on a system that's only using a remote.

Bugs for MC 9.0.152

• Image List View : This doesn't select files correctly. If you select one file, then hold control to select a few more, that works. If you hold down shift and select a range, that works as well. But when holding down Control + Shift to add a range of files to the currently selected files, all of the currently selected files become unselected.

• (I actually didn't notice if this happened on .152)From the Appearance Selection screen on, MC setup's taskbar button shows the old MJ icon and uses the name Media Jukebox.

• Media Server still says "Select Media Jukebox library you want to share" in the Library Options screen.

• Media Center should prompt you to select a different library if opening the default (or last used) library fails. For instance, if I last accessed a Media Server that is now offline, I can't use MC even to listen to my local library, because it will just shut down.

• MC is still asking for a proxy server password when trying to access a Media Server library, even though I've entered it in and checked the Save Password box numerous times. It doesn't ask me for this information when downloading plugins and skins anymore, why should it for the library? It's also filling in the username and password of the remote library for the proxy server rather than the username and password that I've supplied for the proxy server.

System Info

Media Center Registered 9.0.152 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1667 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 219 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: SAMSUNG  CD-R/RW SW-240B    Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: Yes /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2003, 05:10:29 pm »

If I right click on a playlist group and choose Play, MC plays Playing Now, rather than the playlist group.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2003, 05:15:37 pm »

Hairstyle : If I double click on either Display Options or Setup, MC crashes with a runtime error.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2003, 05:16:22 pm »

I don't know if this is a bug or what, but it's been buggin the snot of me for the last few builds. Whenever I try to view a video or movie, whether it be .avi, DivX, mpeg, etc. it opens in the full screen view.

You can change this here: Options -> General -> Jump on Play

First, some Hairstyle questions.

1. Is there any way to navigate the items in the right hand pane without using a mouse?

2. Is it possible to remove the navigation arrows by customizing the xml? If not, there should be, as they're kind of annoying when used on a system that's only using a remote.

1) Yes -- tab switches focus (or clicking), then use up, down, left, right and enter.

2) Yes but keep in mind that we'll have good looking art there before release.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Tiberius

• Junior Woodchuck
  • A big dog is twice as big as a dog 1/2 it's size..
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2003, 05:24:47 pm »

Its an oldie but has become more significant now that MC has had its image facelift.  When switching back and forth from full screen to MEGA ME sometimes the cover art is replaced by Surfin' Juke.  I thought he was dead and buried...  And why does it not stay as cover art?  if you switch to a new visual and back the cover art returns...

I can confirm this. I also have seen the exact same behavior when resizing Mega-Me or double clicking the vertical bar to collapse the left pane. In Mega-Me it is very random and I have not been able to find the trigger to reproduce it consistently.
Failure is not an option...however it is often included at no extra charge...

Shadowen

• World Citizen
  • He was but a shadow of his former self...
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2003, 05:25:33 pm »

Hello,

I am still getting the Media Core crash when playing video with this release.  This bug was originally fixed in v9.0.150.  It is occurring with videos I record from the TV Tuner.

rogerg2

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2003, 05:48:57 pm »

Cool thanks Matt! ;D

10sne1

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2003, 05:49:00 pm »

When filling properties from file name (file name is the last field in what I am doing) it only pickes up the first word..  The Beatles  ends up as The.

I can confirm I had this problem in version .150 but was fixed in 151 and this build seems fine too.  

nila

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2003, 06:20:03 pm »

Bug
Ctrl + A is not selecting all the files for me in the My Computer tree :(

* I feel sick, I have a stomach bug :( *

crash_buka

• Recent member
  • Yesterday's Gone
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2003, 07:28:19 pm »

Display Options and Setup in Hairstyle are causing MC to crash with a VC++ RUntime Error...

Adam

same here, easily reproducable crash

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2003, 08:27:31 pm »

[a few of these have been moved out of the bug thread by JimH]

1.      When I attempt to play any WMA file I get the following Error dialog: "Playback Engine: Media Jukebox is unable to acquire license for this file. Windows Media Error: 0x80070005." This error only occurs when trying to play these files from the server on another computer when the server is set up to use a UserID and password.  

Despite some theories that this is linked to DRM being activated in the WMA files, this does not appear to be the case for a number of reasons: (i) Media Center has no problem playing the files on any PC when they are loaded off the LAN, i.e. not streamed using the server; (ii) I have no problem playing them with Windows Media Player, Musicmatch Jukebox, Media Jukebox and even prior versions of the Media Center Server (e.g. prior to 9.0.130); and (iii) it is my strong recollection that when these files were ripped, DRM was turned off.      

I believe this is a bug in how the Media Center client/server system handles playing WMA files.

2.      Attempting to play many internet radio stations from Web Media (e.g. CNet Radio) does not work. For example Q-Music pops up the full screen interface, but plays no sound until I escape out, then music plays.

In other instances when it can't find a stream, it will pop up a dialog saying so and then the dialog with Media Core has encountered a problem and needs to close.Etc. and Media Center terminates.

Other times it can't find a stream, Media Center just produces a dialog box entitled JRReader that says Failed to connect to server. Reason: not found.

With other stations a maximized window with play, FF & RW buttons will pop up, but nothing will play.

3.      When attempting to play many internet radio stations from Web Media, e.g. Bloomberg inconsistently, I will also get the Warning dialog saying Media Center encountered errors while trying to play the last several files. Make sure that the path in the Media Jukebox library points to the right location.

4.      When playing Realaudio or Windows media streams, even when successful, a black window covers the entire screen. It starts out as having controls at the top and bottom and in the middle, but those disappear after a short time, leaving a completely blank screen.

5.      Attempting to play internet radio stations that have been saved as library entries does not work from a remote PC. It pops up dialog asking for a username and password for the IP address of the PC acting as the server. This happens repeatedly without anything playing.

[Hairstyle questions -- please see instructions thread]

8.      No video shown when playing certain quicktime movies and audio is echo-y and out of sync.

9.      Playing certain quicktime movies results in no video or audio (e.g. the quicktime movies made by BMW films).

10.      No thumbnails of quicktime movies shown.

11.      Certain quicktime movies will play but the bars on the top and bottom of the screen (except for active controls) will be overwritten by the video.

12.      Attempting to play a quicktime file using a remote PC brings up a dialog asking for Quicktime Internet Authentication, then a dialog saying Media Center has encountered problems playing the last several files, and then I get a dialog saying Media Core has encountered a problem and needs to close. Etc. and Media Center terminates. Note: the first error listed only occurs if the server uses a UserID and password, but the even without these enabled, the second two fatal errors still occur.

13.      Attempting to play an MPG video file using a remote PC plays the movie, but then I get a dialog saying Media Core has encountered a problem and needs to close.Etc. and Media Center terminates. Note: AVI videos play fine from a remote PC.

[some moved to a new thread]

18.      No way to connect a remote PC (i.e. one other than the one on which the server is running) to Media Server by referencing the name of the computer on the LAN, e.g. as \\COMPUTER:81 where "COMPUTER"; is the name of the computer on the LAN and 81 is the port number the server has been set up to operate on. I believe this used to work, e.g. in Build 100.

stevenf

• World Citizen
  • It works for me....
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2003, 09:03:11 pm »

This bug is still continuing, exactly the same way as it always has. If this isn't a bug, then do you know what could bme causing it.

There was an error starting playback. Make sure the system has a valid sound playback device and that it is properly configured in media jukebox playback options.
(Double check the output mode, output device and output bitdepth)

This happens sometimes twice, three times, four times, then i recieve this message.

Media Center encountered errors while trying to play the last several files.  

I might add that the second error message come up in a different error message box

Synesthesiatic

• Recent member
  • If anybody needs me, I'll be in my room
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2003, 09:42:56 pm »

MC is still crashing as soon as a video is done playing.

Media Center Registered 9.0.152 -- C:\Program Files\Media Center\

Intel Pentium III 896 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 391 MB, Free - 89 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\Media\Windows XP Print complete.wav

Burning /  Drive F: MITSUMI  CR-4804TE USB      Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2003, 10:39:07 pm »

Now that we have a "Auto Hide" option in Hairstyle, can we also have an "Auto Show" option so whenever audio/video/tv stops playing, it switches back to hairstyle iso now to a black screen on my TV ?
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2003, 11:32:46 pm »

There was an error starting playback. Make sure the system has a valid sound playback device and that it is properly configured in media jukebox playback options.
(Double check the output mode, output device and output bitdepth)

This happens sometimes twice, three times, four times, then i recieve this message.

Media Center encountered errors while trying to play the last several files.  

I might add that the second error message come up in a different error message box

I have had the same problem sporadically for a while. I thought it was related to changes in the library that weren't updated in the files in Playing now, but I may be wrong. Anyway, it's totally unacceptable especially in a very remote control driven environment like mine (I don't even have a monitor in the car system). This has to be a high priority bug!
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

nila

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2003, 03:25:10 am »

Hairstyle - going to setup is causing MC to crash EVERY time.

Media Center Registered 9.0.152 -- C:\Program Files\Media Center 9\

AMD Athlon 1666 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 691 MB

Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive J:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive I: LITE-ON  LTR-52246S         Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2003, 06:40:16 am »

Attempting to play an MPG video file using a remote PC plays the movie, but then I get a dialog saying Media Core has encountered a problem and needs to close.Etc. and Media Center terminates. Note: AVI videos play fine from a remote PC.

We can reproduce the problem.  Should be fixed today.

Ingo

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2003, 08:18:04 am »

definitely a showstopper:

when in hairstyle and trying to enter "Diplay Options" or "Setup" using the keybord (right) I get an MS VC++ runtime error and MC exits.

Ingo
Pages: [1]   Go Up