INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two TV recordings showing  (Read 520 times)

CPW0802

• Recent member
Two TV recordings showing
« on: September 23, 2020, 06:01:45 am »

I notice media centre 26 is now showing two recordings for each scheduled recording.  I have checked and there is only one physical file recorded.  I have recently changed the recording format from the default itv to ts and think this has caused the double up of the view.  I also notice that in theatre view, both thumbnails have different pictures.  Suggestions?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Two TV recordings showing
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 06:45:00 am »

When you record in TS format MC still creates JTV files for time-shifting. It shouldn't import those as a separate program record, and it should clean them up, but depending on your Auto Import settings I guess MC may find and import them.

Running the "Options > Television >General > Clean up time-shifting folders" function might fix existing duplicates. 

They probably have different thumbnails because they are each grabbing a frame from the video for the thumbnail, and they find a different one. There are settings for that, and if you run "Get Movie & TV Info" against them, MC should get the proper Cover Art, if available, and hence update the thumbnails.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Two TV recordings showing
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 02:50:40 pm »

I think you are looking at the "To be recorded" view.  That view shows all possible matched recordings for a recording subscription.  If one fails to record, the next one will record.  Once a show is successfully recorded, there will no longer be any duplicates showing up.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up