INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stacks Problem [Solved]  (Read 1101 times)

Dennis in FL

• Galactic Citizen
Stacks Problem [Solved]
« on: September 23, 2020, 06:30:57 am »

I had three movements in a classical composition and I linked them.    Then I tried to stack them as well.

The result is a stack that I can't unstack.  I can't break the links.   It is forever frozen.   I tried an exit and restart of MC.....no help.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Lockup
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 04:32:55 pm »

I had three movements in a classical composition and I linked them.    Then I tried to stack them as well.

The result is a stack that I can't unstack.  I can't break the links.   It is forever frozen.   I tried an exit and restart of MC.....no help.
Restore a previous library for now
We'll check into why you can't unstack them.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Lockup
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 04:56:11 pm »

Could you send a library backup with unstackable stacks to matt at jriver?  Include what files are in the locked stack.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Dennis in FL

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Stacks Problem [Solved]
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 05:24:38 am »

Could you send a library backup with unstackable stacks to matt at jriver?  Include what files are in the locked stack.

Thanks.

The files are no longer a problem   -  I'm not sure how I cured it.   I had previously tried quitting and restarting MC...but it didn't work - the stacked files were still locked up.   Next I changed the Customized view but not as a troubleshooting tool.   I was adding a field and editing TAG fields......

This morning was weird.   I was scratching my head because a lot of editing I had done yesterday had disappeared.   Then I realized my library had changed and I'm pretty sure I didn't do it.   I changed it back to my regular library and that's when I noticed the stacked files were no longer stacked.   

I've also had frequent MC27 lockups and crashes that I didn't have with MC 26.   

Do you still want my library?  I'm going to see if I can repeat the problem.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Stacks Problem [Solved]
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2020, 08:12:41 am »

Do you still want my library?  I'm going to see if I can repeat the problem.

Only if you can repeat the problem.  Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up