INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver for Android Blank screen  (Read 1843 times)

GalNoam

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
JRiver for Android Blank screen
« on: September 24, 2020, 11:19:38 pm »

Hello
I've installed jriver on my xiaomi redmi 8 pro android phone  monthes ago,
it worked poorly for approximately the first month,meaning it worked slowly,crashed alot.
After about a month can't remmember the version
It stoped working completely,every time I open it I get
A blank white screen not responding and not changing,
Tried reinstalling. And today tried the beta ver,
To no avail
Any suggestions ?
Thank you

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Blank screen
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 03:04:07 am »

I assume that you mean JRiver for Android, and not JRemote2.

JRiver for Android will show a blank white screen at startup sometimes. Most of the time, if it hasn't been opened for a while. For about 20 seconds on my Sony phone.

Have you tried waiting for a long time, to see if it works?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

GalNoam

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 07:59:48 am »

[Thanks for the reply
Left it for 5 min than the gui appiered
Tried a second time also about 5 min
??

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 06:00:38 pm »

I'm running Android 9 on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium. What are you running?

Once it started did you confirm the version number you had? It is in the Settings (Gear) menu, under About.

JRiver for Android is still a work in process, but it does work a lot better now, connects to MC Servers, plays media, at least on a mobile. Okay, most audio media. Video just gave me some trouble.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

GalNoam

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2020, 12:01:31 pm »

I assume that you mean JRiver for Android, and not JRemote2.

JRiver for Android will show a blank white screen at startup sometimes. Most of the time, if it hasn't been opened for a while. For about 20 seconds on my Sony phone.

Have you tried waiting for a long time, to see if it works?
[Thanks for the reply
Left it for 5 min, then the gui appeared
Tried a second time also about 5 min
Third time left it for an hour and nothing
If I minimize it, it closes or crashes

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: JRiver for Android Blank screen
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2020, 05:52:22 pm »

Does it run Android 10 or 11?

GalNoam

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2020, 07:43:32 pm »

Hello RoderickGI
It run's MIUI 12 which is based on my phone on android 10
I didn't have any issue with any app I downloaded from google play till now

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2020, 08:33:34 pm »

Android 10 did change a lot of things, and cause compatibility issues for quite a few Apps until they were fixed. I think there are people using JRiver for Android on Android 10 successfully now though.

So it could be a MIUI compatibility issue. JRiver will have to comment on that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up