INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions - Hairstyle  (Read 2191 times)

nila

Questions - Hairstyle
« on: April 16, 2003, 01:30:26 am »

Hiya,

I've started playing with hairstyle and it's fun and I'm going to set it up for someone and build them a home system just for their music etc purely running MC on it as it's only use.

Here are the problems I'm having with hairstyle though.
Not sure if the features dont exist or I just dont know how to use them.

1. I can navigate the views great and get down my View schemes but I cant work out how to then navigate the files displayed once I get down to the bottom level of my View Scheme (ie. once I get down to Artist>Album how do I then navigate and select a track?)

2. How do I set it so that hairstyle disappears if I select a video file to play and it displays the video full screen. And, once I've managed to go full screen, how do I then jump back to the navigation controls.

3. How do I set a default 'Track Info Page' to come up when I'm in hairstyle mode as oposed to using the one in the normal mode as they both obviously have totally different amounts of space available to display in and so the normal track info page is of no use when in hairstyle and a hairstyle specific track info page is going to make no use of the available screen space when in full screen mode.

4. Is there any way to do searches in Hairstyle mode?

For now that's it but that's because I havent' started playing yet.
Just need to know before I get the person to fork out loads of cash to build a dedicated computer and install MC and then find it wont work properly. He wouldn't be impressed after just paying for a new computer purely for it to run on.

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Questions - Hairstyle
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2003, 02:14:56 am »

A few answers -

1. Press Tab and you can then select files to play by navigating the thumbnails.  Press Tab again to return to the menu

2.  You can't yet.  I have suggested this in my suggestions post.

3.  Don't think this can be done yet but it is a good idea as most of the track info pages look cack in the pIP

4.  I don't think you can do searches at the moment but again it would be a goodie.

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Ingo

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2003, 02:23:55 am »

1. edit your view scheme and add a 'Name' hirachy level

2. suggested multiple times... don't think you can do it yet/any more. (used to be possible)

3. again... can't do it (yet)

4. you could set up a view scheme for each kind of search you want to do and add some grouping, but 'real' searches don't work (and would probably require a vritual keyboard)

Ingo

nila

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2003, 03:57:29 am »

Thaks for the answers.

2's kind of a biggie otherwise MC hairstyle mode is useless for video's.
I'm not going to build the guy a full system then tell him that he has to watch the video's in a tiny little window unless he wants to go out of hairstyle mode and navigate the main app.

This kind of needs to be added before MC9 can be released. 3 should be added before release too but I can live without it. :)

Ingo

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2003, 05:48:37 am »

you could try to use girder and dvdspy .... it get's an event when playing starts or stops.... unfortunately you can't check if you're in fullscreen or windowed mode.

Ingo

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2003, 05:58:45 am »

Nila,
I agree with you on #2.  We may change the behavior.  For now, you can hit F11.

Check the Hairstyle instructions.  They're old, but you may find some useful info.  You can find a link in one the top threads "Instructions...".

NoCodeUK

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2003, 06:17:53 am »

Jim,  This F11 key thing.  Does it go from mega me to Hairstyle or does it only work from within Hairstyle.  I tried in vain yesterday to go from MEGA ME to Hairstyle using F11 but it just was not happening...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2003, 06:34:34 am »

Jim,  This F11 key thing.  Does it go from mega me to Hairstyle or does it only work from within Hairstyle.  I tried in vain yesterday to go from MEGA ME to Hairstyle using F11 but it just was not happening...

Starting in mega-me, hitting F11 once takes you to full screen, a second F11 takes you to Hairstyle.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2003, 06:58:45 am »

I will try again tonight.  I was fiddling around with skinning.  I tried to design some navigation arrows to match the default theme but they looked really bad when reduced down to 16x16 (I designed them at 64x64) so I then designed some others which look okay.

Adam

sraymond

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2003, 07:14:45 am »

2. How do I set it so that hairstyle disappears if I select a video file to play and it displays the video full screen. And, once I've managed to go full screen, how do I then jump back to the navigation controls.

Unless I'm not understanding what you're trying to do, I don't see a problem with doing this.  Why not just hit the "menu" key to toggle Hairstyle off when you're ready to watch full-screen?  Hit "menu" again, and you're back to Hairstyle with the small preview window.  Using F11 makes you cycle through MEGA-ME, which I'd think you'd want to avoid.

Jim:  What did you think about my comments vis-a-vis true PIP inside a view pane vice a "preview pane"?  I think these are fundamentally two different things.  I don't think you can do without a preivew, but a PIP is certainly a great feature.

Scott-

Scott-

Benjamin0

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2003, 09:47:36 am »

Hi,

u have to configure your Nview driver to have a Full screen for the video on the second screen in Display Configure.

Request: Auto import video in Media Center Database when you capture TV.

Bug: When you use the fonction Time-Shifting , there is no more full screen on the second screen.

Thanks for you great works

Benjamin

nila

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2003, 10:52:21 am »

Glad to hear you agree too Jim - it's a pretty big one :)

Thanks for all the alternate suggestions of 'works arounds' too :)

One other thing - could 3 be implemented into v9 too? It's not so much a case of it being crucial to me , it's more just a case of making Hairstyle look more refined and complete. Right now the track info display in the window is of no use and just kind of makes you think 'what the £$"£"% is that' as it shows no info on it.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2003, 02:13:37 pm »

F11definitely does not switch modes on my PC.  I dont kow if it s mapped to something else but it freezes the visualiztion for a couple of seconds and thats it...

Adam

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2003, 02:38:21 pm »

F11definitely does not switch modes on my PC.  I dont kow if it s mapped to something else but it freezes the visualiztion for a couple of seconds and thats it...
Adam

You're probably going to have to dig for that one.  Some other program may have control of it.  I just checked and it works with a visualization also.

Older PC's once had bioses that didn't support more than 10 (?) function keys.  If you have another keyboard, try that too.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2003, 02:41:01 pm »

One more thought.  What happens if you run IE and then hit F11.  It should toggle a full screen mode.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2003, 02:45:59 pm »

It always used to but now it no longer does...interesting.  I will have to see what has stolen my F11 key away!!

Adam

NOTE: I recently installed Win XP Pro over XP Home.  don't know if that has anything to do with it

NoCodeUK

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2003, 03:23:01 pm »

I have found a solution to this although I dont know why it is working this way.  It appears I need to press the Win Key and F11 to go into full screen.  This is the case for IE and MC.  Don't know if this is an XP Pro thing or cos I have IIS installed or what but these are the only differences on the system to when I had Home running.  Very strange but at least it is sorted now!!

Adam

nila

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2003, 06:00:13 pm »

Not caused by XP pro working properly.
I have it and it works fine simply with a normal F11 click.

Probably caused by doing the upgrade.
Always a bad idea to install one version of Windows over another unless you really have to.
Doing an upgrade is the perfect chance for a clean install :)

sraymond

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2003, 06:30:31 pm »

Again, why wouldn't the menu key be more appropriate (vice the F11 key)?

Scott-

brainsoup

• World Citizen
  • Sexy! No No No...
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2003, 11:37:13 pm »

Again, why wouldn't the menu key be more appropriate (vice the F11 key)?

That works for me too!!!!  :D

NoCodeUK

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2003, 12:13:12 am »

The problem I had with a fresh install was a) wasn't sure if the Pro disk was going to work ;D and b) I have to much stuff to reinstall...  Far too lazy.  I don't know why it is doing this but at least now I can sort it out its not really an issue.

Adam
Pages: [1]   Go Up