INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hotkeys possible for parametric equalizer profiles?  (Read 1998 times)

Xaphyr

• Recent member
Hotkeys possible for parametric equalizer profiles?
« on: September 29, 2020, 02:21:02 am »

Hello everybody,

please excuse my bad English in advance, it is not my mother tongue. However, nobody could help me in the German-speaking section from the forum.

I have JRiver24 and I use different settings in the parametric equalizer for my speakers than for my three headphones, for which I also use different settings.
Therefore I created different profiles, so far so good.

But do I really have to go to the DSP Studio every time to select a different profile? Is there no possibility for hotkeys? Or shortcuts?
For other stuff like games, Youtube and so on I use the APO Equilazer with the Peace surface, it's super uncomplicated.

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Hotkeys possible for parametric equalizer profiles?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 03:27:50 am »

Yes, indirectly, it is possible.  I can think of a couple of ways.

You cannot assign a hotkey directly to a equalizer profile, but you can do either of two other things to achieve the same result:

1. Assign a hotkey to a ZONE. Each Zone you create has DSP settings configured in it.  So if you wanted to switch between 3 different EQ presets, you could create 3 zones, assign an EQ preset to each one, and assign a hotkey to each zone.

See this thread for an example of assigning hotkeys to zones:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=120582.0

2. You can assign a hotkey to execute a command line program, and use that to execute a MCWS command. There is an MCWS command to select a DSP Preset: Playback/LoadDSPPreset.  Save your entire DSP configuration, including the EQ settings, into a DSP preset, and then those presets can be selected with a hotkey without changing zones. Each hotkey will trigger a different command line string holding the correct MCWS command for that preset.

See these two links for more info on this technique:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=110859.0
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/The_Command_Line

However, from your description, hotkeys seem unnecessary.  If you use a dedicated equalizer setting for each output device, just create a zone for each output device (Speakers, Headphone1, Headphone2, Headphone3) assign all the settings you want in each zone, and just select the zone you want when you begin playback.  This is the way most people do it.  The settings persist in each zone independently, so you needn't go into DSP Studio each time.  Just configure each zone once, and then right before you start playback just click the zone (device) you want to use. Simple.

The interface makes it easy to select zones both in standard mode and theater view.  So to create these hotkeys, you're going to a lot of work to avoid one click.

I hope this helps...

Xaphyr

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 05:06:13 am »

Yes, that helped me a lot, thank you very much. I didn't know anything about zones beforehand.

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 01:49:01 am »

Glad to help.

Your English is just fine by the way.  Much better than my German, which is very old and rusty, and better than the English of many forum users here who were born in America.

I'm not surprised no one could help you in the German-language section...  I haven't looked in a while, but I thought they didn't do technical questions there; I had heard it was exclusively for discussion of the music of Kraftwerk.  Is that not so?   ;D

Xaphyr

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2020, 09:13:07 am »

Thank you. But you haven't heard my dialect yet.   ::)
I have no idea what else they're talking about in the German-language section.
I'm completely new here and signed up because of my question.
But if so, I don't have much to contribute. Nothing against Kraftwerk, but the 80s are over!   ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up