INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Show specific folder under Drives & Devices  (Read 480 times)

pierre.goyette

• Recent member
Show specific folder under Drives & Devices
« on: September 29, 2020, 05:52:10 pm »

I looked through all the options but can't find (or just don't understand).  Is there any way that when I open "Drives & Devices" that (for example), my User Home folder (E.g. C:\Users\Pierre)  can show up, or a specific folder can show up (E.g. D:\Music) ?

Thanks

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Show specific folder under Drives & Devices
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 08:46:54 pm »

Is there any way that when I open "Drives & Devices" that (for example), my User Home folder (E.g. C:\Users\Pierre)  can show up, or a specific folder can show up (E.g. D:\Music) ?

No. That isn't the intended purpose of "Drives & Devices". It is more like Windows "Device Manager" than "Windows Explorer". It shows all the storage and handheld devices it knows about, and a Network item.

You can right-click on items in there and select "Remove & Ignore Device", but then if you want to see them again later under that section of MC, I don't know how you would add them back in.

There is the "Drives & Devices > Explorer" function under there, and if you set the "Mode" at the top of the function to "Only files in library", then only storage locations that contain files that have been imported into the Library will be shown. You still need to drill down to the location you want to view.

But all the above is irrelevant. The "Drives & Devices" and "Explorer" functions are there for specific reasons, but not for browsing your media files. More for certain types of maintenance work. A core design aspect of MC is the use of Views, and while it comes with default Views, the real power of MC is the creation of custom Views.

So learn about Views. Read the Wiki. Search the forums. Create a custom View that only looks in the directory you want to show. Within Panes type Views, try using the "Location" option. Look at the default "Audio > Files" View for an example of what I mean.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up