INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bandcamp filenames  (Read 1185 times)

bennykirk

• Recent member
Bandcamp filenames
« on: September 30, 2020, 10:34:55 am »

Hi All.

I wonder if someone can help? I download most of my new music from Bandcamp.

I want to extract Artist, Album,Track# and Name from the file names and it feels like this should be possible. I create folders for artist and album, see the example below. The Filename is as it downloads from Bandcamp.

F:\Matthew Halsall\Salute to the Sun\Matthew Halsall - Salute to the Sun - 02 Joyful Spirits of the Universe

If I use [Artist] - [Album] - [Name] to break out the Filename I get close to what I want, but I can't think of a way to separate the track # (02) from Name (Joyful Spirits of the Universe).

I've tried a couple of functions, but haven't had any joy. Does anyone know how to fix?

Jamil

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Bandcamp filenames
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 11:01:48 am »

I also download a lot of music from bandcamp.com, and I can relate to this issue that you are facing.  I use Directory Opus to batch rename all files quickly and easily, since they all share that same naming format.

Tag&Rename also can easily rename files and excels at tag editing too.

bennykirk

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 11:09:53 am »

Thanks Jamil. I can see how that would work.

I was just hoping to limit the number of touches, rather than use another piece of software to do something I'm pretty sure you can do in Media Center.

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 12:08:21 pm »

F:\Matthew Halsall\Salute to the Sun\Matthew Halsall - Salute to the Sun - 02 Joyful Spirits of the Universe

If I use [Artist] - [Album] - [Name] to break out the Filename I get close to what I want, but I can't think of a way to separate the track # (02) from Name (Joyful Spirits of the Universe).

I believe the following would work though I haven't tested it.
[Artist] - [Album] - [Track #] [Name]

If you don't want the track number at all, just substitute [Track #] for a field you don't care about then delete the value later.

bennykirk

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2020, 12:54:40 pm »

Thanks.

This does get me a step closer.

It does assign the Track# to the right field, but also leaves it in the name field, which appears as "2 Joyful Spirits of the Universe".

Any ideas?

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2020, 11:06:01 am »

It should work

bennykirk

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2020, 11:50:26 am »

;D ;D ;D

Thanks Lepa. That space between Track# and Name did the trick. Roll on Bandcamp Friday.
Pages: [1]   Go Up