INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem switching between two DACs in Windows 10  (Read 529 times)

dsgoen

Problem switching between two DACs in Windows 10
« on: September 30, 2020, 12:01:09 pm »

PROBLEM: When I try to switch speakers (DACs) in Windows, the sound continues to play in the original setting.

DISCLAIMER: I don't know, it may be a Windows problem and nothing to do with MediaCenter. But I can't switch devices until I close MediaCenter.

BACKGROUND: I originally had a Schitt setup for listening to my headphones and Bowers and Wilkins MM-1 speakers (they have their own DAC) for just general listening for conferences and other times that I didn't want headphones. Everything worked fine as far as switching the output source in Windows. This changed when I replaced the headphone DAC and amplifier with the Topping DX7 Pro. The DX7 Pro works when it is activated.

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION: When I try to switch speaker output in Windows, the settings say that I have am now using the MM-1. I am not, the sound continues to come through the DX7 Pro. I tried setting up two zones, but I don't really know if that is the proper course of action. In any case, changing the speakers to both the MM-1 and in Windows, the sound continues to eminate from the DX7 Pro.

I can only get the MM-1s to work if I physically power off the Topping and also shutdown MediaCenter.

As usual, any help is highly valued.

David

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problem switching between two DACs in Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 12:46:02 pm »

Are you trying to switch devices while playback is occurring, while sound is coming out?

Describe exactly how you are trying to "switch speakers", step by step.

Please show a screenshot of your audio in JRiver.

From the menu:
Tools->Options->Audio
And take a screenshot of the dialog box.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 05:57:32 pm »

Everything worked fine as far as switching the output source in Windows.

When I try to switch speaker output in Windows

I'm just commenting so that I will get updates on the thread. Over to you Will.  ;D

PS: Nice layout of the issue and post dsgoen.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

wer

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 06:09:46 pm »

I should mention, dsgoen, that if you can prove you're an Australian, Roderick will come over to your house and fix the problem for you.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2020, 06:17:44 pm »

;D ;D ;D

S\He's not Australian.  :P

I have to start charging a fee these days. It cost a lot to bribe officials to allow me to leave my house, during COVID-19 Lockdown!  :o
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up