INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with MERGING NADAC  (Read 717 times)

raoulian

Problem with MERGING NADAC
« on: October 01, 2020, 01:39:35 am »

I've been using MERGING NADAC for years but just with Roon.

I've purchased JRiver because I want to play all the other sounds through MERGING NADAC using WDM driver.
I installed JRiver WDM driver and set option just as the wiki & FAQ said. And I succeed to make my audio system to play sound!

But there is an issue.
Whenever I play video files or streaming video, sound starts 2~3 seconds later than video. After that, sound pops and then catch up with video.
Once catched up, the sound sync with video quite well. (thanks to the wiki 'lipsync')

I've changed pre delay option but it doesn't help.

Any suggestion or help?

Thanks in advance!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Problem with MERGING NADAC
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 08:07:51 am »

MC has a setting to play a little silence before playing audio.  I'm not sure if it works for video, but it would be worth a try.

The DAC is probably responding slowly.  Playing a little audio in the same format before playing video could work.

Otello

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 09:32:38 am »

Unfortunately, the problem is known.
In short, the Ravenna driver used by Merging DACs expects a professional Audio Editor (Wavelab, Pyramid, etc.); this type of program engages the ASIO driver in any case, while consumer Audio Players such as JRiver engage it only when they are in play or Pause and release it when you press stop.
So, every time you start playback, the Ravenna driver must connect with the ASIO driver, causing a delay.
(The issue do NOT affect Roon.)
The dirty remedy is to start any song, wait for the handshake and then start the desired song without going through the stop.
The neat remedy would be a JRiver setting that allows the ASIO driver to be engaged in any case...  ;D
It's clear that it's not JRiver's fault, but a byproduct of Merging being primarily aimed at the professional market, but if it were possible to add a switch for holding the ASIO driver anyway, I'd be very happy.

(For the record, I reported the problem a couple of years ago.)
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,115287.msg796924.html#msg796924

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 09:50:44 am »

Maybe Exclusive Mode needs to be set.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Exclusive_Access

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 09:54:18 am »

Doesn't Stop disengage exclusive mode?  Many professional ASIO drives do not use exclusive mode. Not sure about this one.

Otello

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2020, 09:59:38 am »

Hi Jim, thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, Merging uses ASIO, not Wasapi, there's no way to set Exclusive Mode.  :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up