INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unsigned Installer won't extract on my Win10 Pro machines  (Read 724 times)

idlehands

Unsigned Installer won't extract on my Win10 Pro machines
« on: October 03, 2020, 02:37:08 pm »

Hi
I have already tried uninstalling all AV & anti malware + disabling all Windows Defender protections in settings and Local Policies on both my machines. Despite this, I cannot get any of the beta or builds for MC27 to get past 0% extracting. All previous versions work, but they are all signed to JRiver. Is there any technical reason why the new release is unsigned? There are no messages displaying or log entries to suggest that there is anything else going on. Could you please digitally sign the next build, or alternatively suggest a way for me to temporarily disable whatever feature of Win10 pro is thwarting installation?
tyia

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Unsigned Installer won't extract on my Win10 Pro machines
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2020, 02:47:04 pm »

It is signed.  Your antivirus may still be causing trouble.

idlehands

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 03:33:01 pm »

Hi Jim,
I've attached screenshots of Win10 claiming the installer is unsigned, the MC26 signed dialogue (which extracts & installs) & the 0% extracting window that will only cancel via task manager.
All AV & Security were uninstalled & Windows Defender disabled as much as possible. Do you have any explanations as to how AV might still affect the extraction?
tyia

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2020, 05:08:14 pm »

There was a new security function added to Windows in May 2020. "App & browser control". It appears to be giving a few people trouble. I haven't dared turn it on. Do you have it on?
https://community.windows.com/en-us/videos/app-browser-control-add-protection-and-online-security

BTW, the installation file and the major executable files inside it are signed. I checked that last week. So something is preventing Windows from confirming the certificate, maybe Windows itself. If you right-click on the installation file and open Properties, then look at the "Digital Signatures" tab, you will be able to check the certificate. For MC27.0.18 it is valid until December 2020.

PS: Don't install MC27.0.18. It has some issues. Stay on MC27.0.16 until a new public release comes out. MC27.0.20 or later should be fine.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2020, 05:22:29 pm »

Did you try downloading again after you removed the AV?

idlehands

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2020, 01:14:28 pm »

Hi Guys,
The Digital Signiture Tab is now showing on the latest MediaCenter270020-x64.exe build file properties. Version 27 has subsequently installed without any issues with AV or Windows Defender. Thank You all for your help  :)

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2020, 10:46:16 am »

Not UAC prob then .. good. I ran into case with AutoCad 2008 and installing the SP1 update on Win 10 Pro x64 v1909. Would not install .. UAC blocked and nothing would override. Had to run Command at admin level then CD to the directory SP1 was saved in and run from there. Win 10 is no upgrade from 7. Side grade or even down grade at best.
Pages: [1]   Go Up