INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Channel Volume Level Mismatch Debug Questions  (Read 406 times)

ths61

• World Citizen
Channel Volume Level Mismatch Debug Questions
« on: October 03, 2020, 07:07:20 pm »

I have been measuring with REW the last few days testing some new drivers and I noticed the L(1) & R(2) channel levels are @ 3dB different recently.

REW -> WMD -> MC -> 8-channel DAC -> amps -> speakers

REW is writing to MC's WMD to indirectly access the multi-channel DAC.  The hot channel is always the right upstream channel (2), not any of the other channels.  If I swap L(1) and R(2) in MC, the left(1) downstream  speaker becomes hot.

I thought it might be the convolution filter or the config file, so I tried and old convolution and config file.  Same thing.

I then disabled convolution and put a high-pass filter on all 8 channels in MC.  Same thing happens when using MC's high-pass functionality instead of convolution including swapping left(1) and right(2).  The hot channel follows the R(2) upstream source.

When I pull down the signal path popup, everything looks as expected.  I do not see any channels being incremented/decremented by 2/3dB.

Any ideas on how I can debug this further ?  Are they any logs that can be dumped and examined ?

Thanks much.

Again, if I swap L&R in MC software panel or at the amp's input, it follows the upstream source.
Main - JRMC31 -> custom ALSA_cdsp -> CamillaDSP(2x8 channel 64-bit FIR convolution) -> 8 channel DAC
Office - JRMC31 -> Asus Xonar Essence STX -> W4S STI-1000 -> Mini-Magnepans
Shop - JRMC31 -> W4S MicroDAC -> Adcom GFA-2535 -> B&W Rock Solid
Pages: [1]   Go Up