INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request - Create a Feature Request Board  (Read 569 times)

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen
Feature Request - Create a Feature Request Board
« on: October 04, 2020, 08:32:25 pm »

Can a board be created to better organize feature requests?

The existing feature threads are difficult to read through.  They mix responses for many different requests within one thread.
The format makes it difficult to determine if anyone from JRiver even seen the request, or if a particular feature request has already been proposed.
Popular requests could be upvoted... etc.

Would the existing forum infrastructure lend itself to creating an area specialized for new features?

Windows 11 Pro
Intel i7-12700K / 32MBRam /
ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 4070
4K Sony x900h

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature Request - Create a Feature Request Board
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 09:31:33 pm »

It has all been discussed before. Bug tracking and reporting. Feature request tracking, scheduling and reporting. Voting for features by users.

All those things take time, and that takes away from time to do actual programming. It doesn't fit in with the JRiver business model. You have found and read the JRiver business model thread, right?

TL;DR: No has always been the answer in the past.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2020, 10:54:27 pm »

I asked my question respectfully.  I see no reason for the condescending response.

Sorry to see that my question sent any potential conversation off the rails.
Windows 11 Pro
4K Sony x900h

wer

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2020, 11:33:34 pm »

I don't think you mean "respectively".

And I don't see anything wrong with Rod's response to you.  Especially since he wrote you quite a nice, descriptive, long response previously this evening when you were asking how feature requests work in another thread you started.

Maybe just read his other response and say "Thanks for the info."  He's trying to help you.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2020, 11:43:11 pm »

Thanks Will. I appreciate the support.  8) I was just about to respond.

Whoareyou, yes you did ask your question respectfully, and I answered it respectfully. I was not being condescending (having or showing an attitude of patronizing superiority), I was sharing information.

You are free to pursue the question with JRiver. But you have been on this forum for five years, so you should be aware of those discussions and the JRiver business model. I encourage you to search for previous discussions on the matter for further clarification.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2020, 09:08:22 am »

The posts are currently spread across many threads.  They are in the forum one way or another. 

Perhaps you can explain how adding a board that organizes these feature requests would interfere with JRiver's business model?

Windows 11 Pro
4K Sony x900h

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2020, 10:10:10 am »

I could try to answer to that, if im up to it, or try. If the team will create that board just for requests, that board is gone be like pandora box which once open is hard to close it back. That way if someone create a post and ask for a feature/features it can be lost in time, or you have to do research before start asking for that specific feature, if wasn't already asked. And ofcourse that board at some point it will be full of request or features which may or may not be implemented in the software. But who knows if/or listen and read our request on features implementation. Some request appear in the software others forgotten or just not viable. Thats my two cents idea.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2020, 10:21:10 am »

I think the owner (Jim) just prefers to work this way, I don't think it has anything to do with the business model really. It is certainly quite inefficient from a user perspective though.

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2020, 11:13:13 am »

Thanks for the responses.

Windows 11 Pro
4K Sony x900h
Pages: [1]   Go Up