INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blu Ray menus no longer work  (Read 623 times)

lello

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Blu Ray menus no longer work
« on: October 07, 2020, 11:47:44 am »

I usually watch Blu Ray straight from the movie, but today I wanted to try the menus again.

Strangely, contrary to the past, they do not work: I hear the audio but a flashing green screen appears.
After several tests I discovered that by removing madvr, the menus work: what does it depend on? Is there any recently added settings that worked in the past?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: Blu Ray menus no longer work
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 04:07:49 pm »

I just tested a bunch of BD Menus (1080p and UHD) and they all worked fine.  Couple of Q's to help narrow it down:
- What version of MC are you using?
- What GPU & Driver are you using?
- Have you made any changes to madVR or is it just "stock" settings as per the version shipped with JRiver? 
- Try checking / unchecking in Tools --> Options --> Video the "Hardware accelerate..." and "Optimize hardware.." Options. 
- If you are using Tools --> Options --> Video --> Display "Display Settings automatic change mode" then set it to OFF for testing.
JRiver CEO Elect

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2020, 12:20:08 am »

Of course I have MC 27 but the problem also occurs with MC 26. Currently I have an RX580 with drivers 20.4.

As for madvr I have replaced the version provided by JRiver with 92.17 and build 112.

Hardware acceleration and hardware optimization are checked while "display settings automatic change mode" is on Custom: today I try to default these 3 things as well as replace madvr with the basic version.

However, until a few months ago with the above settings, apart from the older GPU drivers, everything worked.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2020, 04:34:58 am »

Try RO Std.  If that works, then it is something with your custom madVR Setup.
JRiver CEO Elect

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2020, 04:50:04 am »

If it also affects MC26 then I'm not sure what would've caused it, we didn't change anyhting in regard to that for a while in MC26 - while we did start updating some things in MC27.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2020, 11:27:44 am »

Eventually I found that it depended on LAV Filters. I remembered that in the past in Video Mode instead of RO HQ I had selected Custom by modifying LAV Filters to improve the performance of 4K 60hz files.
I restored everything by letting Madvr manage the LAV Filters, and now everything works, apart from the 4K 60 hz files but it is an absolutely marginal problem.

Sorry if I wasted your time :-[

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2020, 11:22:04 am »

I take this opportunity to ask something about LAV Filters. If I let them confide automatically to MC he sets me D3D11 (I think) and this does not allow me to let Madvr detect the black bands and, for me who have a 21: 9 format screen, it is a problem.

If I manually set the LAV Filters by selecting DXVA2 copy back, I solve the problem of the black bands but the other files mkv, avi etc. they don't work: how should i fix?

Thanks for your help
Pages: [1]   Go Up